Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

" Star Wars #1 , featuring the 2015 return of the franchise to Marvel, was the top-selling comic book from 2010-2019."

Large print numbers way before The Mandalorian.

1 Like

Yep, I agree, but the property is still received well overall. Like most I don’t have time to read every Star Wars comic right now, but if there is potential spec in a title I am not currently reading, and it is cheap I will pick it up.

1 Like

They’re missing some good tv.

Surprised no one is talking about the last Bad Batch episode with a fan favorite Jedi/Padawan surviving order 66, and a certain clone seeming to be force sensitive.

The past three episodes has been pretty good. Definitely building up to something piece by strategic piece within these stories.

2 Likes

Man, Order 66 just keeps getting nerfed.

That giant walking giraffe was pretty amazing. Looked like something out of Fallen Order.

1 Like

Not many survived Order 66, and the ones that did were hunted and killed soon after. Not sure it has been nerfed.

Well, there were roughly ten thousand Jedi before the order. That is a lot of Jedi. Does that number even include padawans? Anyway, if even one percent survived the betrayal that would still leave about one hundred flopping around the galaxy. That’s quite a few stories that could be told.

Yes, when we say “survive order 66” it really means the initial betrayal. But the order carried on for years.

And many Jedi sacrificed themselves in order to protect (perhaps conceal) padawans.

2 Likes

Mandalorian Season 2 adaptation is coming this year. @Im_super_into_that notice the trade paperback listing on Amazon this morning:

I was also talking to Jeanty this morning and he mentioned it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Bounty Hunters 31 last page Inferno Squad reveal:

So, 3rd cameo?! Haha

3 Likes

But it’s a full page and they’re “named”!!!

:crazy_face:

1 Like

I think 32 is still the one to get. They’re prominently displayed on the cover, named with the true full first appearance. In this new era of slabbing, the first cover means way more.

3 Likes

It’s also a variant and cover wasn’t revealed until close to FOC.

I know we talked about it a lot here, but not a lot of other sites have. So may not be as heavily ordered as you think.

Plus this cameo is revealed after FOC for 32.

Still likely more a long term hold. And probably should pick up a copy of 31 too.

Covers for 31 aren’t all that great either.

2 Likes

So, a strong cameo.
:crazy_face:

I prefer the term “Debut”. Harder to argue that.

1st Cover carries so much weight. Thats the one id bet on.

2 Likes

They are still all cheap…get them all.

1 Like

Cameo, debut, still an appearance. Just call it an appearance. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do we have cover art for this yet Star Wars Return of Jedi Jabbas Palace #1 (100 Copy Variant)?