Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Not yet. I just checked again. I pulled all the tricks I got.

Pull harder.

And that’s what he said…

It’s the virgin variant for Cover A by Ryan Brown.

Marvel is doing the same thing for ROTJ: Ewoks #1

Ee chee wa maa! That’s awful!

Ewok spec is worse than baby spec…

1 Like

You know, @Anthony , what @wachuchu is saying makes a lot of sense. Hahaha

Can’t believe I was thick enough to miss that.

If that’s the case, I don’t think I’ll chase the 1:100. Rather have the 1:50 Maleev.

That Ewok looks demonic.

2 Likes

well they are cannibals

1 Like

KCC would think so. Lol.

1 Like

E-Vil-Woks.

Maybe it’s a Sith….

:exploding_head:

yeah I did a write up of all of the different appearances. I think the market will view them like this…

First cover appearance - Bounty Hunters #28 Clarke Variant (it’s technically just Iden but she’s by far the most notable and Taurin Clarke has said that the tie fighters on the cover were supposed to represent Inferno Squad. Regardless i think Iden Versio is the key. Not the team.)
First cameo appearance - Hidden Empire #1
First full appearance - Bounty Hunters #32

3 Likes

Bounty Hunters #28 for Iden Versio. There’s also Star Wars Bounty Hunters #28 (Lashley Connecting Variant) available.

Hidden Empire #1 - For Inferno Squad. The 2nd printing is also still available.

Those are the first appearances. Everything after is just how you want to describe. Break them down, these are still appearances since they’re on or in the books. :wink:

The Clarke Variant for Bounty Hunters #28 is still relatively cheap on eBay still.

Cameo is the descriptor.

I know, I’m trying to rid myself of “cameo” and others, they’re just terms people like to use to control which one is the most desirable at times. I just go with first appearance, second appearance, 3rd appearance, first cover appearance… cause they’re all “appearances”… :wink:

I kid, I kid… the market tends to do what it wants, regardless of terms. There’s so much idiosyncrasy in the way books get valued.

Most of the time but when you meet some, they’ll use “cameo” or other terms to describe books they might be holding and trying to push for more demand with. That’s why poyo just says, KISS (keep it simple stupid)… they’re all appearance, just call them as first, second, third… and so on. Ignore the marketing terms and just call them as they actually are…

Did Poyo just talk in the third person? It’s ok, just wanted to know for clarification.

Yes, yes I did. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll gladly pick up “cameos” as long as the manipulated market keeps calling Hulk 180, Spider-Man 299 (as examples) cameos. I’m all for saving money.

Well, that’s exactly the problem. People call Hulk 180 a cameo and push 181, claiming 180 is not an “first appearance” when we all know 180 is the first true appearance but then again, the more desirable one is just that, whether its the first or second or maybe even the third appearance of the character. Don’t let the term decide which one you want, just buy what you like…