Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Heads up for those that missed it like me, but Forbidden Planet UK has the Hyperspace Annual exclusive up, 1 per customer. Ships from the UK but I’m willing to bet the shipping is still cheaper than what Dark Horse was charging, haha.

If you’ve never ordered from them before (I have only once before), they don’t tell you the shipping until it’s ready to ship out, and then I think you can choose to accept or decline your order based on that. Weird how they do it!

Star Wars: Hyperspace Stories: Jaxon Annual (Mike Mignola Star Wars Celebration 2023 Variant)

2 Likes

I have ordered from them before…the Jock signed variant of Action Comics 1000…arrived with dented corners as they shipped in a flat mailer…that was a thick book too.

So tamper expectations of what condition it will arrive in.

My one order came in good condition. It was also only one comic…i can’t remember what it arrived in, gemini or flat or something else, but it wasn’t damaged. But now you have me worried!

That was back in 2018. I checked the order and it cost me 8lbs to ship…

Which is about $10 US…being that was 2 thick books and this is a single floppy, probably the same. Hopefully they ship in a comic mailer now.

I don’t think they charge your card until it’s ready to ship
Either…you get an email with the shipping quote and you can accept/decline at that time.

That’s how it was 5 years ago too.

You’ve got some balls. I would never order from FP UK if I lived in the US.

I try not to order from FP UK if I can help it, and I live in the UK.

1 Like

Yeah…we’ll see how this turns out. Will keep ya posted.

@drunkwooky Welp, mystery solved !! TFAW exclusive variant

Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures Quest of the Jedi (Grant Griffin TFAW Exclusive Variant)

“It will be sold in an edition of 1500, and comes bagged and boarded.”

4 Likes

Dang. I just posted about this in another thread. What was the mystery? I don’t see which DrunkWooky post you are referring to.

@ComicSpec

2 Likes
2 Likes

We get foil variants too!

1 Like

3 Likes

I like that cover art and looks like a good book to get from @drunkwooky @Artist_Formerly_Known_as_DW write up of the 5 page preview. There could be more in the guts?.

I did 3 each of the Regular covers A-B. Took forever to get cover art, and then art for cover B. Looks like the listing is no limit on how many you can pre order?..

Thanks for the article @Artist_Formerly_Known_as_DW , and info @monopolyjackson :+1:

2 Likes

It’s now marked as Sold Out on TFAW’s website.

2 Likes

I’m sure some other shop bought them out (if it was not limited) and will list them for $25 soon enough…

1 Like

I seriously doubt they sold 1500 copies in 24 hours…

Not to the general public, they didn’t.

1 Like

Just wait. They will have more available in the future…

Same thing they did with the High Republic Adventures Annual …

1 Like