Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

Really feeling this cover.

4 Likes

Does this mean we can drag you through the mud , like JimComics? :laughing:

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He has joined the dark side.

1 Like

What if I told you I have always been there.

No, the reality is that the new site owner has free rein to do as he pleases. From what I’ve seen he’s just had casual conversations with KeyCollector. No kickbacks or anything like that. To the extent it means accurate information being published, I’m ok with that.

1 Like

I thought he was formerly DW.

Glad that you are getting proper recognition over there as it seemed for quite sometime Nick was giving it all to Jim. It was like Jim would read up on your site and then post his videos which then in turn he’d get credit for what you posted.

What has happened to Jim, the guy flat out disappeared.

Ah, I didn’t realize the new guy had taken over. Thought it was a Jedi-Padawan situation.

That’s fine then, let’s drag the new guy through the mud. :laughing:

Did Nick sell keycollector off?

Nah, I dunno. I’m sure he’s cooking up something big….

Let me tell you as someone who has done videos (used to be weekly) and ran a website for years, it gets tiring some times. And when things get in the way like travel for work or for kids games, it makes it really difficult.

7 Likes

If I am correct, @Im_super_into_that is the new owner of Drunkwooky.com. I am glad that @Artist_Formerly_Known_as_DW finally has some time to relax cuz that man worked his @$$ off to get us Star Wars info all these years.

5 Likes

Making even a short video takes forever. I rarely dabble in it. I just type my rambles down.

Thanks. Seriously, big compliments to any content creator out there regardless of platform.

Whether you like their content or not, just know it took them work and stress to produce. Yeah, a lot of people in that industry are delusional about their prospects, their status, and their importance, but the labor is legitimate.

To slap together a simple video is a lot of work. Once you start editing with graphics, audio overdubs, and other inclusions, you’re starting to talk about part to full time job.

The same goes for websites, etc. so much unseen work going into marking something look decent and acceptable.

6 Likes

Wait you sold the site? Wow

Yeah, I still contribute when I have time.

What’s with the heat on SW 34?

1 Like

First appearance of Gretta:

8-9 pages and she’s pretty cool.

First cameo of Dr. Cuata. Last page appearance, and he looks like a badass too:

3 Likes

Yep. first appearances but there seems to be first appetences in every other Star Wars book each and every month. I have a feeling this is going to become a thing with youtube “influencers” each week. Pumping up their viewers for every single Star Wars comic moving forward after this issue and Quest last week.

1 Like

Yeah. I don’t think I agree that this should be a $20-30 right out the gate.

I mean, she seems like a cool character, but she also has some venn diagram overlap with Sana Starros and Doctor Aphra at this point. Dash Rendar was cool too, but he never quite outshined Han Solo.

5 Likes