Star Wars Comic Spec MEGATHREAD

even if that’s the only “appearance” cameos in shadow or statues rarely ever fetch anything.

I mean…can anyone even think of an example where a picture as a “first” in the modern era fetches good money?

Even your example of Kylo aren’t 3 is not holding up well…despite a much larger print run her first in physical form fetches better money.

2 Likes

@Mrwilson2105 , I’d agree with @D-Rog that the window for this being a “hot key” is going to be a very small one.

So, if you can find the book for cheap, go for it and try to get some meat off that bone. The Last Jedi Adaptation should be pretty easy to find at cover or below. Lots of people don’t like it.

Also, that Prime Jedi mosaic is likely filed under “not great” as far as appearances go:

It’s the last panel here. Unless you know what that mosaic is supposed to be, you can’t see what the picture is really. Kind of just looks like a circle on the ground. I think the collecting community will be underwhelmed.

For what it’s worth, although later, High Republic 7 has a better defined mosaic:

1 Like

Based on the mosaic on the floor from High Republic, the first Jedi was

IMG_s1250

3 Likes

Thank you for clarifying. I haven’t seen those panels so I wasn’t sure what exactly to expect when I saw that the appearance was in the issue. I am looking forward to this movie. It’s an origin story I’ve been waiting to see.

Arrived yesterday.

2 Likes

This isn’t so much a spec book as much as it’s just has the first comic appearance of an interesting droid, Mister Bones, albeit short lived. Most of his history is in the Aftermath novels, but he was revived for a brief moment in this comic to assist Poe Dameron.

Mister Bones , also simply referred to as Bones , was a heavily modified B1-series battle droid with a murderous personality. He was constructed by Temmin Wexley and built from components the boy scavenged from the catacombs beneath Myrra, the capital city of Akiva. Bones served as Temmin’s personal bodyguard in addition to being considered his friend and loyal companion. He had a sadistic personality and would sing or hum while attacking and maiming his victims.

2 Likes

Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures Quest of the Jedi
12 copies up

2 Likes

Yeah, not a bad pickup to flip… selling upwards of $25 still on eBay

1 Like

Sounds like HK47

3 Likes

When are they going to get a clue and go to another era, an era far removed from Skywalker?! It’s like they don’t realize they have a rich history of comics to adapt outside of the same era. The only thing I’d like to see is Dr Aphra, other than that I won’t be watching anything related to star wars until they wise up.

3 Likes

an Aphra/vader show would be amazing

5 Likes

People forget that Tag and Binks would make a great show.

2 Likes

Yeah Robot Chicken style skits riffing on Star Wars.

Looks like Mandalorian Season 2 #3 preview write up indicates we will have 1st Koska Reeves, 1st Axe Woves and 1st Bo-Katan. Do you think this will be considered Bo-Katan’s first comic book appearance or just 1st Marvel continuity appearance? I don’t believe she has been in anything else since the Defenders of the Lost Temple GN.

2 Likes

Besides the Aphra #19 Sprouse Variant cover, no. People tried hard to pump Bounty Hunters #14 as her first, but it was confirmed by the artist that the Mandalorian featured is not Bo-Katan.

There is another…

1 Like

Recap from a prior Post

Talking strictly standard comic format, volume 2
chapter 10 = #2
Chapter 11 = #3
Chapter 13 = #5

2 Likes

23 more copies in stock

Star Wars: The High Republic Adventures Quest of the Jedi

3 Likes

So this popped up today and I have an interesting story to share.

About a week ago I was reading a book to my daughter at bed time, and making R2D2 noises when it was time to turn the page. And she asked me why I was doing this.

I told her how when I was about her age I had several Star Wars read along books on cassette tape (what is that, right?) and when it was time to turn the page R2D2 would beep…like this.

She asked me if I could show her own. And I said, “I bet there’s a YouTube video of the book and tape”. So I searched for my favorite one: Droid World.

And as I’m listening to the story with her, a story I likely haven’t listened to in over 35 years, I’m suddenly recalling the character and can recite lines from the book from memory. My daughter comments that I’m weird at this point. Shocker, right?

So the character that stood out to me was Kligson. And I’m thinking to myself, here’s an original character that was interesting, and a story that was captivating enough I recall discrete details nearly 40 years later…too bad it was buried away in this children’s book.

So imagine my surprise when the above shows up on KCC today. I never knew this story was a comic book. So after work I went back to my LCS, even though I had stopped in a few hours earlier and they might think I’m weird (already established by my daughter)…to see if they had it….

Not in the best shape, but for $4.99 a worth some nostalgia!!

I’m not sure if there’s any real spec here…but it’ll be fun comparing the comic to the children’s book of my youth…who knows, maybe the read along is Kligson’s “true first” appearance and the real spec book!

:wink:

6 Likes