Star Wars: The High Republic

Ooooo I like.

1 Like

That’s a nice cover.

Can you expand on this method? Not sure I’m following

I cut the Priority Large Flat Rate boxes into 4 pieces, all 4 almost exactly down the middle.

I use the first one to fold and sandwich the comic or comics (I can normally get up to 4-5 max).

I then throw these into a priority flat rate envelope and then add 2 more pieces of the remaining priority mail boxes I cut up on each side, making it a total of 6 pieces of cardboard, 3 per side on the comic.

If I ship non-Priority mail, I sometimes will invert the flat rate envelope so it’s just a brown mailer.

The only shipping supplies I normally buy are/is tape. I also recycle and cut up amazon and other boxes to use for mailing comics.

1 Like

Pffff…This is all you need to know.

Where’s my badge, @agentpoyo?

Glad I managed to get an order in just below ratio

That Witter variant with that cover will be a hot item.

She’s the artist on Squarriors and a cutie.

I’ll say that I made homemade packaging for years using thick cardboard from work (my boss was totally ok with me doing that since it was just being recycled anyway) but I recently ordered 150 Gemini mailers and I’ll tell you it’s nice taking 1 min to package a book or group of books instead of 10 minutes and ending up with a mess of cardboard guts all over the place. I know it sucks to let go of that hard earned cash but trust me you’ll appreciate the ease of using the Gemini or similar mailers.

3 Likes

She is definitely cute hot :heart_eyes:

1 Like

So I spoke with 7 shop owners in surrounding towns today and not a single one ordered enough high republic 2 to get the 1:25 and only 1 ordered enough adventures for the 1:10. If you’re running a comic shop and not ordering star wars at this point what the heck are you ordering… Pretty frustrating and so much for the assumption those would be over ordered.

1 Like

How is it stealing when they give it away? They also make from recycled paper.

Pfftt… Its late, remind me tomorrow.

Not saying its stealing, because they give it away. However, I would like to see the total cost to the USPS with everyone using their supplies from moving boxes, comic mailers, to paint drip pans… People know its free so they just grab some whenever they are in there. Then you always see “USPS in financial ruin” or whatever on the news…and it just makes me wonder how much of the “free” shipping supplies is costing them.

Go lookup and read about the bill Congress passed in the mid 2000s on why USPS is now financially strapped. The free boxes and mailers they provide are the least of their financial issues…

that sounds like a lot of work, i’m good! Thats my point though, whats the %…sorry I love data and financials :slight_smile:

There you go… Sums it up and watch John Oliver who explained it very well.

But as Oliver pointed out, much of that debt was due to the 2006 Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act (PAEA). The bill, which passed with bipartisan support, forced the USPS to prepay health and retirement benefits for every current and future employee for 50 years, a burden placed on very few government agencies, much less private companies. From 2004 to 2006, the USPS made $6 billion in profits. By the end of 2019, it was $160.9 billion in debt, with $119.3 billion due to retiree benefits, according to the Government Accountability Office

Wow. The employees are union right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Postal_Workers_Union#:~:text=The%20American%20Postal%20Workers%20Union,2%2C000%20private-sector%20mail%20workers.