Star Wars: The High Republic

My goodness, how fast did the Mayhew go? I’m glad I set my alarm to purchase right at go live. I went back and looked maybe 30 minutes later and everything was sold out. Just curious if anyone noticed how quickly that happened.

This is becoming just like new Jordan sneaker releases. Gone instantly and people/groups using bots to screw over the old school manual users.

The difference between Jordans and Comics I actually have a chance of getting a comic with the J’s it’s people with 100+ SNKRS accounts just snatching everything up

1 Like

virgins sold out in less than 60 seconds, trade was like 8 mins

1 Like

That’s still crazy quick for a few thousand on the trade. That’s the only one I tried for. I purchased one trade copy for the pc. Even used my new registration discount code for $4 off to boot =)

I just related to the sneaker world because it’s such a turnoff. I’m by no means a sneaker collector, but I’ve been trying to purchase Jordan drops since like maybe August 2020. I’ve never hit on SNKRS and I’ve probably tried no less than 30 times. I’ve got a couple random releases on store apps (foot locker, finishline) but that’s it.

Just frustrating is all. I hate seeing some of these comic exclusives headed down that same path. Another that cames to mind is the Gleason Venom exclusive.

1 Like

1k virgins split between 5 stores, when you consider each store took some for ss cgc. that leaves only 150-170 raw virgins per a store

1 Like

FYI:

4 Likes

I like the look of it but I need to hold out for the Mayhew Variant it’s dropping in the UK tomorrow they cancelled it tonight to do a Facebook exclusive drop first :woozy_face:

I was wondering about that. I never saw it on LlllimitedEDIZIONCOMIXXXZZ

1 Like

Meh. I missed all the fun. Congrats to those who got covers. I’ll sit and wait for the next one.

After the Tfaw imma stick with the main covers and a ratio of I’m lucky on Tfaw. Definitely soured on these after wantedcomix, mayhew pushback, and the wave after wave of covers for SWHR got caught in that Venom wave with Virus and I made it ok thankfully but quite a few doubles in my long box from that era.

3 Likes

I’m undecided on Forbidden Planet. Definitely out on Wanted Comix because, all things being equal (release date, etc.) I like the Mayhew Marchion Ro one better and I managed to grab it.

Forbidden Planet has the first Veter on the cover, but I don’t know if that’s enough to warrant an order from me. Will he be a big enough character? Probably not in my estimation.

Is there even a US distributor for it? I couldn’t find it on fpnyc (maybe I’m just bad at searching), but Forbidden Planet UK currently doesn’t look like they ship to the US

EDIT: He might be a pretty big character. I think he’s in 3 of the 4 Pirates of the Caribbean movies.

2 Likes

Forbidden Planet is not currently shipping internationally… and they will not let me update my card information. Not sure what’s up with that.

Yeah, I’ve only gotten the Mayhew (I really like the cover). I had the TFAW in my cart for a couple of hours and dropped it; I like the cover, but I’ve got several Keeve 1:25s now and even though the picture is cool, I’m passing. Definitely not giving Wanted my money, and I’m cool with just not nabbing any of these others. I can see how this gets to be a pernicious treadmill and I’m not biting.

(Although I did go for that really sweet Proctor Valley Road TFAW cover mmmm mmmm)

That tells me it’s going to be hard to get…and prices will rise for those here in the US that want it.

Is HR#1 4th print on TFAW??

3 Likes

Yeah why isn’t high republic #1 4th print up at TFAW?

With HR #3 and Adventures #2 dropping the same week, which will be the book to have if Ro is in both?

Feels like a tough call. HR is probably a larger print run (and sometimes the lower print book wins by virtue of being rarer), and HRA #1 had a cameo appearance so it’s got the continuity going for it. On the other hand, the plethora of exclusives for HR #3 (two with Ro on the cover) have put that book front and center for people. Get both I guess.

Edit: Ro is actually a part of the HRA storyline, unless something shifts for HR #3. I’m kinda expecting the adventures to win out but what do I know!

1 Like