Star Wars: The High Republic

Trust me, there are no backs to kick anywhere…not yet at least!

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it, but still a cool cover.

4 Likes

Awww nuts. More Drengir. Oh well. Still happy with my preorders out there.

I get no kickbacks from Villain. Just started advertising for him on my site today, and did it unsolicited just because I think he does a good job.

7 Likes

Damn… that blows. Well I’ll just take my 1 1:25 copy I preordered for 8 now. Maybe grab another from Tfaw but wont stress it if I cant get another. Got 3 1:25s for 7 so I’m good with that 1.

Phew! Looks like IDW’s Star Wars the High Republic Adventures #6 is going to be another gangbuster of a key issue in terms of character first appearances and cameos! First up, we get the crew of the Vessel , Leox Gyasi, Affie Hollow, and Geode. While Leox and Affie both have dialogue, Geode does not. But fans from Claudia Gray’s High Republic novel, Into the Dark , will know not to expect much talk from the rock alien.

Next up, our familiar Padawan protagonists bring Master Obratuk along with them on their peace negotiation mission to Nal Hutta. Finally, we get a cameo for an ancient Jedi Master, Tal Bota!

8 Likes

I know, I was teasing…

1 Like

You said a first full is obviously the one that people will want. I was pointing out that’s not always the case. As well you can ask for anything for an item. It’s the actual sales that matter nor what someone’s asking.

I know, I just wanted to take the opportunity to give kudos where kudos were due to Villain.

3 Likes

It’s a reason also we let’em talk about his shop here… :wink:

4 Likes

Ya’ll just let me know when I need to shut up :slight_smile:

As long as it’s “members” requesting and you’re not coming off spammy with soliciting, I don’t have issues since you pinged us ahead of time and also have your post in the Sponsors and Services category.

For any other retailers out there, we ask you do the same if you’re a Diamond/Lunar/Penguin wholesale account holder selling comics as a business. Start your own topic in the sponsors and services category for approval.

For you regular members, if you get hit up directly via PM by retailers with solicitations, feel free to report such things if you don’t want the unwarranted solicitations.

Cheers!

2 Likes

I can’t wait for Darth Krall to give me the speal.

2 Likes

@drunkwooky - and others I have seen some large numbers being bought for hr #7 and others (hra#2, etc)

Assuming these characters end up on screen in live action - does the demand typically outweigh the supply when you have 50+ books.

Sure you can get rid of a small amount easily - but how about volume?

I guess it comes down to print runs and a lot of factors, but still curious about some generalizations

1 Like

Supply vs demand + availability.

It’s all games. If speculators gobbled up multiple copies before the masses found out, when demand kicks in, if everyone rushes to sell off their copies making the availability easier, then you’ll see after the initial FOMO pre-sales drive the price up for those who think they’re not gonna be able to score a copy or find one, you’ll start to see the prices drop if the market is flooded. Then over time after people secure their copies and tuck them away… if the demand stays consistent or continues upward, as time goes on, supplies and availability start to shrink and you’ll see demand cause the value to go back up.

So if you got 50 copies and you wanna sell them all, if you dump them all on the market immediately, you can cause the exact opposite by such flood of issues being available. If you can hold and think it it has legs long term, you can slowly release them to keep it steady and consistent, maybe holding a few copies for the really long term after you’ve paid off your initial investment and made a bit of profit as well.

3 Likes

I’d echo what Poyo said. If we’re being honest, none of us truly know. My best guess is a steady appreciation curve though. There are comics out there with giant print runs (Spawn 1, ASM 300) and equally giant demand to have them. Having said that, there are more people paying attention to Star Wars comics now than ever. So, it’s not going to be an Heir to the Empire 1 (first Thrawn) or Clone Wars 1 (first Ahsoka) situation where everybody all of a sudden started paying attention and bought up books with relatively lower print runs from decades before. When these characters enter live action or animation, the ratio of print to demand will be much closer. It will take longer for these to appreciate to that level. They may be $20, 50, 100 books, but not $200, 300, 500+ in the next 5 years.

At this point HR7 is past FOC, so any new interest is getting a slice of the pre-set pie, ignoring reprints. So, there’s that going for it at this point.

5 Likes

I finished The Rising Storm tonight. Man, I’m all in on The High Republic. I love the idealistic portrayal of the Jedi and their dedication to just trying to help people and actually be heroic. The action really ramps up in this second book as well.

I think The High Republic is going to be a winner in the spec game (long term) and it’s a winner in terms of story quality. Can’t wait for the next book!

12 Likes

Did I miss the discussuon on *The Monster of Temple Peak?

I see it was chatted about in April - thought maybe some action since it is a first full and some good spec?

1 Like

I think we will be seeing more of Ty Yorrick throughout The High Republic. I would definitely pick up a few issues and file them away. I think she could be a character to get a TV series down the line. A monster hunter Jedi would be a great way to introduce the non reading audience to more of the High Republic Era. Who doesn’t like a monster hunter right? Lol

1 Like

One would think, in your given scenario, that the Jedi would ‘feel’ a disturbance in the force if a Sith was present in the galaxy. :man_shrugging: