Star Wars: The High Republic

Why is this book so expensive?

1 Like

It’s a Comics Pro variant given to retailers at their summit/conference. The implication is the amount in circulation is real low. This one in particular has some pretty gnarly spine roll on the back.

3 Likes

Easy press.

4 Likes

there are only 300-500 of them, given how large the print run was, it makes the comicspro the rarest by alot

2 Likes

Time to dig my copy out!

1 Like

First High Republic fiction is out:

6 Likes

Is that a subscription cover? Hadn’t seen That one.

Release date is showing 9/14 too.

1 Like

Yeah subscription cover. I finally pulled the trigger and subscribed.

2 Likes

I seem to recall that you did pull the trigger in that. Was this the first one you got? What condition do they show up in?

It would also be awesome if you get these subscription copies weeks ahead of newsstand release to post the covers and content like this.

I never know what the subscription cover is unless one gets posted in eBay. They have surplus too, so if one catches someone’s eye it’s likely available for order as a single issue for a limited time.

Thanks for sharing!

No problem! The spine and corners were all in great condition. It came in a simple polybag mailer with my address printed on the outside. A little rolled based on how the mail man fit it in my mailbox. Overall in better condition than expected considering the polybag mailing.

I’m legitimately confused. Do you mean this is the first fan fiction?? Because all of Star Wars in fiction and HR debuted more than a year ago.

First High Republic Phase II fiction. Sorry. Thought I typed that.

1 Like

“Its an older code but it checks out.” Aka Okay, thay makes sense

1 Like

Hi all, :wave:

Like most of you, we’re also excited to finally get our first look at Phase 2 of the High Republic!
While we didn’t get new art :sweat_smile:, the painting that was used for the story was actually concept art of Jedha from the Rogue One movie, by artist Matt Allsop.

:exclamation:And here’s an interesting fact, in Rogue One, Matt had played a bounty hunter named Tam Posla who didn’t make the final cut, but his character was featured in the Doctor Aphra comic series. We’ve put together a fun post about this character and the significance of Jedha to the High Republic Phase 2.

:hugs:

5 Likes

Nice write up.

Star Wars The High Republic (2022) #1 TFAW variant by Dan Panosian
Available for pre-order on https://www.tfaw.com/ this Friday 09/09 at 9:00am PST

4 Likes

Was hoping to avoid any store exclusives for this. Hopefully this is one of very few.

4 Likes

That’s cute.

6 Likes

6 Likes

There will be 40 store exclusives

3 Likes