Star Wars: The High Republic

I’m sort of intrigued by those statues. Do they have anything to do with the story? I don’t know. If they don’t it’s a weird choice.

The cover is supposed to draw us in. It’s not supposed to make us run away. That’s an ugly SWHR cover.

1 Like

I had high hopes of the Bustos variant too, after seeing her work done on Black Panther #25.

Black Panther #25 (Bustos Stormbreakers Variant)

As the artwork isn’t bad, it just doesn’t fit this title. It’s certainly a style that should be used on the Adventures title instead.

1 Like

Agreed. The BP cover had me thinking it was gonna be a lot better than what it was.

:face_vomiting:. That’s a bad hat Harry.

I am not a fan of Bustos. Sorry. I just don’t dig the work

1 Like

Here’s her Doctor Aphra 8 cover… I don’t love it.

Yeah, the BP I dig… the rest needs to go on the kiddos books.

Natacha bustos started out at marvel on moon girl and devil dinosaur. I do like her king in black variant but her work should be geared more for the younger audience.

Man, these variant covers from Marvel have some terrible artwork…

2 Likes

Is Marvel trying to sell to 9 year olds with this art work ?

2 Likes

The unfortunate irony…

Wow…that’s…bad.

1 Like

Do you think Marvel is like “yes! That’s exactly what we’re looking for!!”

Or “meh…the book doesn’t sell that well anyway…approved.”

1 Like

Man High Republic #4 cover, yuck. The fourth print #1 looks silly to me too. Where did they go with these covers. I am enjoying the HR adventures a lot more myself.

2 Likes

Back to some quality Noto covers!

The cover to High Republic #6 was revealed on StarWars.com today:

It’s taken almost 40 years, but we will finally see a Jedi ride a rancor.

On the cover of Marvel’s Star Wars: The High Republic #6, revealed below on StarWars.com, Jedi Master Avar Kriss sits perched atop the towering creature, lightsaber ignited and ready. Illustrated by modern Star Wars comics great Phil Noto, it’s a completely arresting image, both fun and surprising, with an ironic wink at audiences’ first introduction to the creatures; rancors debuted in 1983’s Star Wars: Return of the Jedi , becoming an instantly iconic movie monster when Luke Skywalker tussled with one of the beasts in Jabba the Hutt’s underground pit.

In addition, you can get a first look at Peach Momoko’s beautiful, watercolor-style variant cover below, featuring a dreamlike take on Jedi Knight Keeve Trennis.

In The High Republic #6, the Jedi will clash with Hutt forces — meaning Gamorreans, Nikto, and battle rancors — while Starlight Beacon is over-run by a creeping alien horror. Plus, Keeve Trennis finally uncovers Master Sskeer’s terrible secret…

8 Likes

Both of those are great

1 Like

Star Wars…always taking my money…

Are these both open order?

:man_shrugging: