Star Wars: The High Republic

Read Rising Storm and you’ll see some “facts” that might lead you to believe he has kids :wink:

4 Likes

Challenge accepted!

This is the one of the 3 I haven’t read yet, so I am starting tonight!

5 Likes

I picked up that novel with my TFAW credit I got back during their warehouse shenanigans. Still need to find the time to read it myself.

1 Like

Yeah i have a bunch of the SW 20 2nd print. If they create a show with current adult characters in THR then I would think he would be a lock to be in it. To add to the conversation Ive read all of the YA and adult novels and hang out in the High Republic Subreddits. The fan favorites among those really into it appear to be

Elzar Mann
Marchion Ro
Bell Zettifar
Avar Kriss
Stellen Gios

Big gap

Everyone else.

I’ve attached the graphic from the contest the other poster referenced. Based on that alone here is the order of favorites

1. Elzar Mann
  2. Bell Zettifar
  3. Stellen Gios
  4. Avar Kriss
  5. Marchion Ro
  6. Reath Silas
  7. Vernestra Rwoh
  8. Orla Jareni
  9. Burryaga
  10. Keeve Trennis
  11. Sskeer
  12. Lorna Dee
  13. Cohmac Vitas
  14. Leox
  15. Loden Greatstorm
  16. Ty Yorrik
  17. Imri Canteros
  18. Affie
  19. Maru
  20. Lula Talisolo

May have misspelled some names. Doesnt mean a whole lot as many have not read the comics (Keeve is lower than I think she should be) but its still interesting.

6 Likes

Well these results are pretty suspect with a Wookiee that far down on the list…

3 Likes

6 Likes

Oh that’s embarrassing. Look how long my hair was back then.

6 Likes

Everyone’s hair looked that bad in the 70s.

2 Likes

HR 7 and HR 8 2nd prints have the added benefit of having the first appearances on the cover and with the lower print run presumably…I kid I kid :joy: made them highly collectible and has organically risen in value over time.

SW 20 2nd print doesn’t have this so make sure to proceed with caution. The SW 20 first print may still be the one to get and can still be found rather cheaply. For such an important character, it might be underpriced right now. Still good value to pick up the 2nd prints if you see them for cover.

2 Likes

I personally like the black and white second print cover better than the first. It just looks cooler to me. Thats just my 2 cents though, they are both cool looking :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They’re both worth getting considering how popular Elzar is to the general SW fans, not just the comic book community. If his popularity translates well into the screen then both books could be a giant key in the future.

1 Like

What if you have say 3 copies of the Laming 1:25?

5 Likes

Long term hold. I haven’t sold any of my SW 20 and don’t intend to.

2 Likes

Oh sheesh you are just showing off now!

1 Like

No Geode is a red flag as well.

Geode spec is solid as a rock.

2 Likes

Every time I try to pump Geode spec, people stonewall me.

3 Likes

Ohhh man…I like it…I really do…

Same. I am preparing for a signing soon. :slight_smile:

Every Geode Scene from the books