Star Wars: The High Republic

Thanks! I’m reading Path of Deceit but still at 1/3 of the book approximately. Dobbs is a smuggler, not sure if he becomes important or not yet…

1 Like

You mean Key Collector posted information that wasn’t right!?

3 Likes

Two guards snuck up on Tey and locks him up. Don’t know who they are.

@drunkwooky is a much better source than KCC.

3 Likes

There are a few first appearances in High Republic Adventures tomorrow, but they are much less important than what you see in High Republic from Marvel in the images above. Most of what @SpicyWasabi is pointing out are first comic appearances. Can’t really get into the details right now as I’m on a work deadline, but yeah… safe to assume most of what has been posted above are firsts.

8 Likes

One more Elris Florent, mutiple panels.

3 Likes

We will see in time if KCC adds more 1st appearances and cameos.

1 Like

That would require KC to actually do the most minimal of research. The firsts are literally named in the comic.

4 Likes

I hate to say it but every new issue of High Republic has first appearances. It has grown old and only if they are important characters do I bother to pick up the issues. First appearance of Cuttar the Wooky Barber. First appearance of Nom Nom the Ewok cook. Random unnamed characters in the background. Seems they are just hyping. I did but some copies of #1 though.

14 Likes

:100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :point_up:

Ive been done with buying Star Wars comics for awhile because of this.

2 Likes

Aside from the first appearance sales gimmick, I find the the Star wars comics quite an enjoyable read. There hasn’t been anything from the current stuff they I haven’t enjoyed.

2 Likes

Well its an entirely new setting so of course every issue is going to have 1st appearances. Its not a marketing ploy, its a function of the story. Every character that comes on panel is going to be a 1st appearance.

4 Likes

And volume 2 is a prequel, so none of these characters actually matter…

I am not saying it is a marketing ploy by Marvel. I think KCC pushes every new issue as a must buy. You hit the nail on the head, it is a new timeline so every issue is going to have new characters. That doesn’t make them special and a must buy. That’s why I Like Drunk Wooky as he will tell me if the character is a must buy.

5 Likes

Can the same be said for the current Vader series? that seems like a must buy every issue too.

1 Like

I think it comes down to the need for content to justify the $1.99 monthly price point.

2 Likes

How many of the Vol 2 High Republic books have they labeled as a Key of the Week? If my memory serves me correctly, I think it was just one or perhaps zero.

They show up on the weekly keys. So far two for two. Unless you count the reprints, then it’s more.

Here is issue #4 first book on the list.

1 Like