Star Wars: The High Republic

It’s the first book on the list because it’s the most recently updated. Not because they’re pushing it.

You asked how many appeared on the list and said 1 maybe 0. I just pulled it up and showed you.

I understand. I was just explaining how the ordering of their list works.

But the order is irrelevant, you stated 1 or 0 appeared on the list, I contest that every issue has appeared on the list. I pointed out that it was literally the first one on the list when I went and looked, you countered with “well that is because they updated it”.

You also said “Not because they are pushing it” I never mentioned them pushing a book, but I did mention a need for content, adding books to the list for first appearances, even if they are inconsequential, is adding content.

KCC main priority is to push updates that have links that lead to affiliate sales. So yes, every book with potential is “key” to them, which they’ve ruined the word “key” when it comes to comics and it’s actual meaning.

The more they push out, the more clicks they get, the more revenue they make. This is why they don’t care about the actual content or fact check their updates, quietly fixing later on if wrong, it’s just about pushing clicks that lead to sales that makes them revenue.

4 Likes

That’s not what I said. I said: “Key of the Week.”

Almost any comic book with a first appearance appears in their list of “Keys this Week.”

You did. Which is why I used that same terminology…

Aren’t the links you guys put out affiliate links too?

Also direct from Key Collector’s Keys this Week page it states: “Listed below are new comic books on-sale this week. Not all listed books are key issues or comics that will continue to be viewed in a standard search of the database. Non-key issues on the list are intended to inform collectors of which comics are being released this week. Issue information is subject to change after issue is released.”

If you read CHU regularly and do research, then you have better information than KCC. I look at KCC because it does affect the market. That does not mean I agree. I care what buyers are thinking. Some of them read KCC.

1 Like

I agree. I think they’re both good resources.

However, some things that were said are not factual and needed to be corrected.

1 Like

100% but we don’t charge a monthly fee too.

If you don’t like the way things work here, feel free to join KCC’s forum and participate there.

6 Likes

@Anthony, I like the CHU forum. I have no problem with you having an affiliate link. I want this forum to be around forever. It is a great community.

As I already stated, I like CHU and everyone here - I was just correcting the inaccuracies that were being stated.

I think we found Nick’s account on CHU

4 Likes

I was waiting for that lol…

Yeah but who uses tfaw anymore? Lol tfaw is so bad now unfortunately.

3 Likes

I use it to keep a list of books coming up on FOC….then I order those from my LCS and delete them from my TFAW pre-orders….

1 Like

Lol, I thought I was the only one who does that. They have the best FOC ordering system I’ve found and get books on there quick, but everything else falls down from there as far as price and service.

Takes forever to get cover photos updated….and sometimes they’re wrong. I’ve ordered the wrong comic before because of that.

1 Like

3 Likes

Still have yet to find those

1 Like