Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters Pre-Orders

Catching up on Some youtubers since Philly basically won tonight’s playoff game. NCBD is gonna be hunt btwn Star Wars Bounty Hunters and Web of Spider-man. Show aired last night they were talking about Deathstick

2 Likes

Fight to the death to obtain a stack of copies commences tomorrow 8am

Lol…seek and destroy!

They couldn’t of come up with a better name than Death Stick?! Isn’t that also a highly addictive illicit drug in the SWU?

1 Like

Yes it is. Gotta say, even as a die hard Star Wars fan, it’s cringe-worthy.

2 Likes

Go Sixers!

And Deathstick is a terrible name.

1 Like

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #14 (Sprouse Lucasflim 50th Variant)

1 Like

Haha, I guess I am one of the few that likes it because of the throwback to the hilarious conversation between Obi-Wan and Elan in Episode II. Then again, I like ‘Spider-man’, so what do I know.

1 Like

Most comic book names are terrible when you really think about them, particularly when they’re basically adjectives or verbs, etc in the names.

And most Star Wars names are pretty silly even when they try to make up unique things. I say this as a lifelong, adoring Star Wars fanatic. Let me run some examples:

Amaiza, Jaxxon, Durge, Watto, Jar Jar, Jek Porkins, Wedge, Biggs, Kuiil, Boba, Enfys, Ooris, Grummgar, Mirith, Nom Anor.

Working on WookyWiki.com, it all starts to run together sometimes and really makes me feel like I’m losing my mind sometimes. I’m just going to end up under a bridge babbling nonsense names.

It’s just funny we have a Luke, but we don’t have something like a “Jeff”. I mean there’s Ben Solo, but is it only Han, Luke, Leia, and Mara Jade who can come up with normal human Earth names for their kids?

1 Like

I really like the layout/design of these 50th anniversary variants. Much more visually appealing than previous ‘movie anniversary variants’ for recent Star Wars titles.

These look super slick. First Bounty Hunters 13 and now this - big like.

1 Like

I like the 50th anniversary branding too. I’ve never really collected these “movie moment” variants because I’ll inevitably pick up number 13 and 27 and none of the others and that would really bug me. The images also have nothing to do with the interiors. What I did with ESB 40th was pick up the collected variant cover issue with all the covers inside. I hope they do that for the Lucasfilm 50th.

1 Like

Yeah I thought I was the only one since no one mentioned them I’ve been ordering 2 of each to make a set. I really like them.

2 Likes

Darth Vader #13 Preview:

A couple things I noted: First, IG-88 seems to have employed a small cadre of modified KX-Series Imperial Security droids (same droid as K-2SO). Whether or not they are expendable, we’ll see. I also did some digging into the Umbaran in Palpatine’s inner circle (a.k.a. Sly Moore). It looks like Greg Pak is going to continue to use her in his Darth Vader arc, so we should learn a little about her comic publishing history.

Sly Moore made her first cameo in the Episode II Attack of the Clones Trade Paperback from Dark Horse (April 2002). She then makes numerous cameos in individual issues including Attack of the Clones 1, 3, Republic 61, 64, Jedi: Yoda, and Obsession 2.However, these are all in the same vein, with Sly standing to one side of Palpatine, looking stoic and not doing much.

This trend continued during the new Disney canon in Mace Windu 5 and Darth Vader 16 (2017):

All the way up until Pak’s very own run, Sly Moore hasn’t really uttered a word or do anything except stand there. How menacing! In Darth Vader #8 (2020), Sly Moore shows up during Vader’s trials of penance imposed upon him by Palpatine. She shows up as Palpatine’s representative, flanked by Death Troopers and acting as Ochi’s handler. She speaks, but she is referred to merely as “Umbaran”, her species, not her name. So far, in issues 10, 11, and 12, she has not been named by her given name in a comic.

8 Likes

Yeah, looks like she is featured in the following issue and is on the cover (Darth Vader #14)

“Who is the UMBARAN? What is her role within the EMPIRE and in the WAR OF THE BOUNTY HUNTERS? And what happens when she emerges from the darkness to challenge Darth Vader himself?
Featuring an unprecedented look at the inner workings of the Emperor’s inner circle”

1 Like

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters #2 (of 5) (Trading Card Variant):

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters #2 (of 5) (Checchetto Variant):

2 Likes

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #12 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant War of the Bounty Hunters)

3 Likes

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters #2 (of 5)

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters #2 (of 5) (JTC Action Figure Variant)

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters #2 (of 5) (Camuncoli Headshot Variant)

Was gonna post this. I like this cover a lot.

Yeah, Sprouse is making me break my rule against these film homage covers. I’ve bought them all so far in spite of saying I wouldn’t.

3 Likes