Star Wars Weekly First Appearances and Keys

And by Grogu you mean Miles, right?

2 Likes

Yup! You’re right. I’ll fix that.

1 Like

We need a Grogu who gets bit by a radioactive spider. It’d sell billions!

1 Like

Not trying to be funny here, but, in your opinion, what character in the SW comic book universe has the potential to be the next Doctor Aphra? In other words, a character that was first introduced in the comics that has caught on despite not appearing on the big or small screen (yet).

1 Like

I don’t think any character has approached Aphra in the current canon from comics except Black Krrsantan, Triple Zero, and BT. It’s hard to gauge the latter two’s popularity because they share a first appearance issue with Aphra.

In old Legends continuity there were lots. Darth Bane, A’Sharad Hett, and Quinlan Voss.

I think there are some High Republic characters with potential. Keeve, Lula, Qort, Affie and Leox Gyasi, Bell Zettifar and Ember.

3 Likes

Was krrsantan the first character is star wars that had a comic book debut 1st before debuting on screen (including cartoons).

Not counting the first marvel books of a New Hope that were technically the movie adaptation.

Quinlan Voss appeared first in the comics, but then it was “retconned,” for lack of a better term, that he appeared in TPM as some dude in the background of a scene.

Ayala Secura was in the Republic comic before Attack of the Clones.

1 Like

Movie came out in May 1999.

Star Wars 17 came out in April 2000:

So that doesn’t qualify.

It wasn’t recognized as Quinlan Voss until long after the book and movie came out. From what I remember, his first appearance was recognized as the comic and then later it changed.

Ah, Star Wars 19. June 2000.

AotC 2002.

That’s a good bingo.

Any others?

Also, as Wookie pointed out, Darth Bane first appeared in the comics and appeared in Clone Wars. He appears as a vision to Yoda.

He also appeared in a deleted scene in another episode.

Darth Bane first appears in Jedi vs Sith 1 which came out in 2001. It actually precedes the novels by Drew Karpyshyn that retells and expands the same story.

1 Like

Have a feeling he’s thinking of Cad Bane.

Yeah April, 2001. Well before before the Clone Wars episode he appeared in - Sacrifice (2014)

Sorry…read Cad Bane. Too many Banes.

Removed my post to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Unless Filoni has a Battle Royale of Legends characters on screen, there aren’t many who have appeared in comics first.

That will likely change once the Acolyte and any other High Republic-era shows launch. The whole HR media effort has been carefully planned, so I think the characters being introduced in the comics are being done with an eye toward future projects.

1 Like

There’s a Darth Bane and a Cad Bane? :roll_eyes:
Which one broke Batman’s back? :rofl:

1 Like

@drunkwooky Just curious to know if you’ve ever seen this guy’s page:

I have not. Looks like a guy I’d get along with, though.