Strange Academy 1

anyone know est print runs for the 2nd-5th prints?

no numbers. diamond stopped reporting numbers right after 1st print came out. i would suspect the 2nd and 5th are lowest tho

1 Like

I hope so…just had a 9.8 2nd print delivered yesterday…$65.00 shipped.

1 Like

if i remember correctly the 2nd came out in june/july i think this is when heat for 1st print just really started. cover A was like 15-20 dollars at this point

3 Likes

I would think 2nd print would be high after ppl could not secure a 1st print, right?

1 Like

unsure, with diamond not releasing numbers we will never know. however the book wasnt hot enough at the time to have a big print run, 3rd print most likely had the largest print run for the reprints

Personally, I had an issue finding second prints… I liked the cover when it came out, and only found 2 on shelves at multiple comic shops.

2 Likes

Dr. Strange is going to DIE

1 Like

No! Not again!

1 Like

In Death of doctor strange not strange academy

Death of Doctor Strange #1 (of 5) (Momoko Variant)

And then will be brought back just in time for Dr Strange 2 Multiverse of Madness™️

3 Likes

Newbie here - do people think its still a good time to get in on SA1? CGC 9.8s look about the same as when the thread was started.

3 Likes

Hard to say with this one. I think the series has good MCU potential, but probably down the line quite a bit. I stopped pulling the series around issue 8 or 9, as I got pretty bored with it. But if you can track down a 9.8 issue 1 for a decent price, I can’t see that dropping in price much. I thought I heard a rumor that the series was going to be ending, but I don’t know if there’s any truth to that.

1 Like

I have a tough time chasing this book at the current price. The book has a huge run up from the start resulting in multiple printings. Not because of the story (which is pretty good) but because people thought it has spec value as a can’t miss Disney+ show without any substantive proof that that was even in the cards.

It may very well see future production as a property, but I think a lot of that value is already priced into the book which will limit future growth.

4 Likes

Thank you both for the responses!

strange academy 11 had 36k ordered, that issue had no incentives. for 11 issues in that is a pretty good number for it to maintain. marvel is in the process of building its own in house animation studio. prices as you’ve said have been at a steady level for nearly a year. makes me feel really good about the book. id keep a very close eye for a deal. but if news drops about a cartoon buy quick

4 Likes

Don’t forget that this book came out right when lockdowns happened, so most shops didn’t get their orders in. I believe issue 1 had a 70k print run, but who knows how many were lost in transit

2 Likes

I’m sticking with SA until at least issue #25. Never know when a new character can be introduced and the print count is getting lower with every subsequent issue.

2 Likes

yea, ive been waiting for a main bad guy to appear

1 Like

This should show renewed interest with Death of Doctor Strange coming up. Great material for a future Disney+ series.

2 Likes