Superman: Son of Kal-El

Superman: Son of Kal-el #5 variants

Coming out too…

Saw this coming from a mile away.

Talking strictly spec, What do you think @agentpoyo ? Still bet on cover A in this situation?

tons of Son of Kal-El #2 sales today

1 Like

Ugh. Had two in my MCS cart last night…was going to stop by the LCS and see what they had before pulling the trigger.

Work was nuts so never made it out. Will go tomorrow but now they are $10 at MCS, including the two still in my cart.

I’ll sell you two copies for $9.99 each…

cheapest buy now’s on ebay is like 20 + shipping

Historically, does a book like this maintain this escalated pricing? Seems like a flash in the pan to me.

3 Likes

not really - as soon as the attention shifts, prices plummet. Is anyone talking about Robin coming out in Batman Urban Legends anymore?

1 Like

Talkin? No.

Buying? Yes. In spite of a 2nd print being out.

I sold 2 Kal-El 2’s at $20 each this morning within 30 minutes of listing them.

One difference between issue 5 and urban legends 6 is that we didn’t know about what happened in 6 until after FOC. I imagine issue 5 is gonna get heavy orders.

FOC is this weekend for Kal-El #5 so yes, gonna see a bigger print run since it hit larger media sites.

I rarely ever buy a bunch of copies of any DC book, might buy an extra or two but I had a gut feeling about #2 when it came out and bought like 5 copies. That was a good move for me… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice. Flip’em while you can.

#2 is also the 1st app of his lover, I believe.

I looked last night and have five copies. I think I saw a Tweet about the book so grabbed a few!

For some reason when I read this I heard, “Lover,” in the voice of Will Ferrel in that classic series of SNL skits about the lover couple.

1 Like

Oops. I didn’t see it was stated earlier.

Got 4 copies early on due to the discussions in this forum. More importantly, such a good read too. Thanks, CHU :sunglasses:

The colorist of this series is a Comicsgate supporter. Big yikes.