TFAW Status

Ha! I just got the same thing after only 4 pages, and adding one item!

1 Like

nope…was just searching at my normal pace…

LOL…They are clamping down us!!

I have never had any website give me “a time out”…especially one I am looking to spend money on…

No, just more technical difficulties…par for the course.

2 Likes

I am getting the same thing.

Remember when TFAW was pretty good?..Been a while.

They started to get better but seems they’re getting worse again. But I can say the last few packages I’ve gotten the books were pristine. I can’t speak on speed after processing cause I’m down to monthly shipping on pre-orders.

1 Like

Idw books seem to be the worst. Always have spine ticks galore. Especially the RI books.

Because I only ship monthly, if a marvel book sat for a few weeks they show up with ink rubbed off onto the backing board if they have a dark back cover.

That’s not their fault…but now I want my marvel books shipped week of release if I pre-order.

I’s hit or miss. Two of the last three packages I have gotten have had 100% damages.

1 Like

We all have our own experiences; be it positive or negative with TFAW shipping packages.
My problem is the packaging methodology, and the risk associated with that methodology, regardless of folk’s experiences.
You can’t just put a bunch of comics in a bag and backing board with those soft peanuts and not expect there to be a problem. You just can’t can’t. It’s idiotic to expect the risk of damage is not high. So now replacements, replacements that cannot be honored, customer confidence, brand is all impacted.

Look - they’ve probably built these costs into their business model and expectations. But it is just so near sighted, dumb, and clueless to not look at incremental cheap improvements along the way.

1 Like

No question that TFAW’s packaging is seemingly random (sometimes there’s bubble wrap, sometimes it’s a tissue paper, sometimes, the books are unprotected), and could use a lot of work. Fortunately, I’ve had very few issues with my packages though. Personally speaking though, I’ll always be grateful to TFAW because one time, an entire package of ~$200 of comics was misdelivered (Fedex’s fault). TFAW still gave me a full refund without hassle.

2 Likes

Same here, but I would still rather have damage free books instead of the beat-up free copies now sitting in my more than half full damaged TFAW short box.

2 Likes

Yea, on that we can agree. With all the nickel and diming, I don’t know how anyone can use TFAW as their regular source, at least for open orders.

2 Likes

Well, I can’t even search for more than a few comics without getting the stupid “WHOA Partner” error page that is punishing me for daring to look for more than three or four freaking comics. Ten minutes later I still can’t search for what I was looking for. I am completely locked out!

What a shit show TFAW has turned out to be! REALLY sick of them! Sick of getting damaged items every third order and now this garbage! I had nine pages of comics saved on my pre-orders. I have cancelled everything that wasn’t locked in and now I am down to three pages with half a page being years old pre-orders that will never get fulfilled.

I have reached the end with these guys! I will no longer order standard issues from them and multiple copies of any issue, If I can get a hot ratio here and there that I can flip for a good profit, fine. That’s it. Only for the sake of cashing in on something that may be popular. Everything else and everything I collect will be going to another dealer. TFAW as lost me as a loyal customer! Screw them!

1 Like

Oh yeah it happened to me right as the monthly drop hit I was first then I wasn’t lol. The get around is change networks or ip I just switch to my phone internet but still takes a couple minutes to do all that.

1 Like

Yeah, but the fact they are making customers do that is just lame. If they want to lose customers what they are doing is the way to do it.

Has anyone contacted their support about it? Sounds like it might be a technical error for a setting, blocking people way sooner than it should.

That’s my guess. I know they’ve played with things to block people who refresh constantly (because it WAS causing slowdown especially on Mondays) but maybe when they did the site update some settings got changed or it got set a little TOO aggressively.

Interesting how 2 folks (Me & Rob92807) went off the rails the very same week with TFAW. :wink:
They are burying themselves.
I give lots and lots and lots of chances to a business/entity/person when mistakes are made, but once I have hit that boiling point after giving multiple passes - it’s explosion time.

3 Likes

But should they be blocking anyone for looking for stuff to buy?

2 Likes