TFAW Status

Once again, the FOC date has been pushed out for this book (now 5/28) and TFAW still has the FOC as 4/28 and therefore I can’t drop it.

Here’s what I did.

Tapped help. Takes me here.

I type in remove pre order and a list of pre-filled generic responses come up. If I click on contact is it just sends me to a page with a form to fill out.

What time are you doing this? Could be that they’re not during their business hours. You are East coast while they are West coast. I just clicked the help and didn’t get a chat option but it’s also 5:44am their time currently. I’ll try again later today.

Got my latest shipment in from TFAW which had a signed Duel #1 TFAW variant.

Ugh

Also be warned. Their signed books are 9.0’s??? That’s not acceptable either

9.0?? Did the signers man handle them? Geez…

1 Like

Whomever destroyed that box did you a favor — a signed modern at 9.0? Nope.

1 Like

The box was on my porch when I went to pick up my kids. Not sure if the mail man dropped the box or not. But I checked my camera as he was walking up and he didn’t drop it. Come back. Saw the corner and was like “fudge”. They used packing peanuts. There was one layer of bubble wrap over the top of it but did not protect the corner. The slab is the size of the box.

The box takes impact the slab will as well.

Yes a 9.0 modern is unacceptable. But that’s the smaller problem. My last order of slabs came from the big sale and they used a larger box.

1 Like

What is sad is that if the slab was laid on a “slope” in the box so that it had some room for cushioning at the ends, and they packed it with peanuts to accommodate the slope it would have been fine. It would have taken a couple seconds of adjusting and no additional materials…just observation and a little common sense.

What did they advertise it as?

9.0 book in a 5.0 case.

I don’t think they advertised grade. Which really bugs me because I had assumed 9.8. They should sell off the 9.0 for cheaper. Not give a long standing loyal customer a dud.

No grade guaranteed I am sure but lol at the way they showed it.

Oh wait they did.

1 Like

Wow, so they owe you a 9.6 (or better)?

1 Like

I sent a reply email calling them out for it.

I hope you don’t get Max helping you…

I didn’t get a person on the phone and did not get a chat rep. They are ignoring me. But seems to me they really did me dirty, not only did the slab come in broken, but sent me a 9.0 when they guaranteed 9.6 or better.

2 Likes

Unacceptable and reprehensible to advertise a 9.6 but ship a 9.0.

2 Likes

And think of how much free advertising they get here on the boards. That makes it even more offensive.

What is wrong with the management at TFAW that they can’t figure out how to pack a freaking comic book properly. I’ve lost count of how many damaged boos I have gotten from them over the years.

2 Likes