The Book of Boba Fett Specs

Deservedly salty.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Everyone seems to be focusing on Star Wars 14 and 20 for BK covers. But, there doesn’t seem to be as much talk about 13B. I think that’s the first BK cover in the volume, right? It’s a strong cover, and with it being B, the print run was probably quite a bit lower.

Thoughts?

1 Like

While it sucks to not be credited on stuff and artists deserve that, Larroca is almost as bad at tracing as Land

1 Like

Yeah, Larocca shouldn’t really be drawing attention to people not crediting their sources.

3 Likes

It’s the first Non-exclusive cover of Black Krrsantan.

3 Likes

@drunkwooky - Do you have a detailed visual history of early BK covers? :slight_smile:

This is the closest I have that’s ready-made.

It doesn’t include the Clay Mann cover.

3 Likes

First or not Vader Down he looks like something out of planet of the apes.

Calling Doctor Zaius

I’m working on something.

Chocolate molds?

Custom BS BK.

Its as good as any of the sequels. Those were all varying degrees of bad.

OK. I’ll add my 2 cents for what its worth. I collect vintage Star Wars big time. I’ve got two complete POTF coin sets, two Vlix graded both at 80, DT Lukes, DT Vaders, etc. You get my point. I also have bought just about every modern figure since the mid 90’s till now, both 3.75 and 6". I love Star Wars. But when it comes to comics, I don’t have a ton. I’ve got some key issues like the first appearance of Valence in the old Marvel series. I’ve got the ESB Super Special #16. I have some of the “Boba keys”. But when I see people paying big bucks for Heir to the Empire #1, I just can’t get into that. Thrawn’s first appearance is in Timothy Zahn’s BOOKS. Many characters had their first appearances in MOVIES or CARTOONS. To go crazy over some of these issues is great for others but I just can’t get pumped about characters that clearly showed up on the big screen or in a novel first. As for characters like Dr. Aphra, Black Krrsantan, etc
 yeah their first appearances are in the COMICS. I’ve got those since I have bee buying all Marvel’s Star Wars books since 2015. Just my point of view.

3 Likes

I’m going with the hard cover for $5!

2 Likes

Soooo, who do we see next? Doctor Aphra, Tripple Zero/Bee-tee, Bosk, Dengar, 4-LOM, Valance, Ailyn Vel, Han Solo, Ewoks? Any of these? Someone else? What are the CHU odds we get more introductions or cameo appearances?

Yeah. Back when I was buying Heir to the Empire 1 copies and the like out of dollar bins, I always knew this was Thrawn’s first COMIC appearance and never really considered it a key. In fact, I hate to say it, but that comic kind of sucks. If you read the book, the content in the comic is just lacking and abridged.

It blows my mind it’s a $100+ book now and I was still buying it for $2 a pop in 2019.

1 Like

There are so many things that are just nuts in this hobby these days that I’ve lost count.
The trick is to learn what the next “nuts” thing is and capitalize on it.
Anything else is just a losing battle and your voice is tossed into the wind with an oncoming freight train.

And after all this Star Wars hype we still don’t have a Mandalorian comic

3 Likes

Seriously, Marvel could sell 3 Million copies of that!

3 Likes