The Book of Boba Fett Specs

My predications are: Din Djarin on Boba’s side and Cad Bane as the hired gun on the Pykes side.

Wishful thinking on my part.

Black Krrsantan is still a bad ass and hope they show more of it.

1 Like

Could be anyone.

It’s probably a long shot, but If they took the longview, I guess Disney could introduce Deva Lompop and somehow use her to tie in or drop easter eggs to the High Republic. I’m sure she’d appreciate the pup checking in, and she’s probably hungry.

With that said, I don’t know what hold Jabba being alive had on her being alive. She mentioned that she wished he’d let her die in the Jabba one-shot. Who knows if she’s still around now that he’s dead.

2 Likes

I think they will use her for something eventually.

Did they just mistakenly insert a Mando Season 3 episode?

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. Does this count as one of the Boba Fett episodes?

There is a lot of talk about Mandalorian history, none of which appeared in the comics based on my quick research, but need @drunkwooky to confirm when he is sober.

This episode is going to confuse alot of people…

But DAMN, it was good.

6 Likes

That history of the Mandalorians has scant representation in comics.

It’s basically Dedenders of the Lost Temple (Legends) and Son of Dathomir (Canon).

The rest all happens in Clone Wars and Rebels cartoons. Bo-Katan receiving the darksaber without combat happens in Rebels (season 4, episode 1-2).

Fun Wooky Fact: I was sober for 5 years. Since then, I’ve only had the occasional beer on Friday or Saturday night. Yesterday my wife, who just gave birth, said “I think I’m ready to share a Guinness with you this weekend.” Haha we’re lame.

13 Likes

I don’t know why I keep doubting the Mando storyline. I heard the rumor that Mando would start flying an N-1 Starfighter and it sounded lame to me. Then it happened and it was awesome. Just like how Luke played out. I thought it would be lame, then it was my favorite moment.

3 Likes

It’s funny how the comics and comic spec scene is impacted so heavily on these shows, but usually the toys don’t really have massive fluctuations.

Having said that, it was funny as I saw multiple new posts, and folks looking for, selling the Pre Vizla figure as well as the N-1 Starfighter.

The 2011 release of the N-1 is actually an incredibly difficult item to find as it was by far the best produced version. A bit of modern toy grail for some people and will now really be a bigger deal. It is a far better mold/detailed/crafted version than any of the others. It had really limited production so if you ever see this version…snatch it up.

5 Likes

Congrats!

What about SW 68? Did that not introduce mandalorians to Star Wars lore? Was every element of that book entirely thrown out as cannon?

I haven’t read the leaks, so not sure if this had been discussed already. The Armorer…is it Sabine? She’s quite familiar with the recent history of the saber…also graffiti

From the 70s-80s comics? If so, yes. Not canon.

Natasha Liu Bordizzo is playing Sabine in Ahsoka. Armorer is played by Emily Swallow.

1 Like

Marvel’s original star wars comics not canon, but they could inspire future projects.

https://screenrant.com/why-star-wars-marvel-comics-not-canon/#:~:text=Fans%20with%20a%20knack%20for,it%20-%20are%20no%20longer%20canon.

1 Like

No it’s Legends, which is good because they had to do narrative backflips to make the mention of Boba Fett fit into that timeline.

I was also just focusing on the history of the Mandalorians from today’s Book of Boba Fett episode. There are tons of Mandalorian comics from Legends, but they don’t deal with the Dark Saber, Clan Viszla, Tarre, The Creed, etc.

Knights of the Old Republic has great Mandalorian elements, Tales of the Jedi Sith War, the Revan novel. It’s out there but that non-Canon stuff kind of fills the gap between Tarre Vizsla creating the Darksaber and Clan Viszla losing it at the Siege of Mandalore. It all also has no mention of the Dark Saber.

1 Like

I wonder if the BD droid is a generic model, or BD-1 formerly belonging to Cal Kestis?

Pretty cool episode, I enjoyed it.

3 Likes

I had the same thought.

Some thoughts on that episode. Looks like we are likely to explore more of Mandalore and more of its lores (pun intended) in Mando Season 3.

Why The Book of Boba Fett Needed That Mandalorian Episode