The Book of Boba Fett Specs

New Jabba’s Palace Lego playset. Via lego_fulcrum on Instagram.

3 Likes

Holy moly! That is sweet. Lego is light years ahead of Hasbro in getting relevant product out when it is, well… relevant.

Cool. Can recreate the scene boba wacks fortuna.

There is one thing that I don’t think was ever answered in this series or I may have missed it.

In episode 2, Fennec says to Boba that they will need permission to kill the Hutts unless “they” have worked it out. Some questions:

1. Who would they need permission from and why?
  2. Who are the parties and what needs to be worked out?
  1. The Hutt Council.
  2. Unless the Hutt Council have hire the hit themselves.

Thanks…but why would they need permission? Also, how much of the Hutt council is left after WoBH #5?

Boba Fett would need permission from the Hutt Council to kill a Hutt. Hutt’s defend their own. If he did it without permission, it’s likely they’d put a bounty on his head.

Who knows. I bet there was a fun little succession fight among them and the seats filled up once again relatively quickly before we get to BOBF.

1 Like

True, or maybe the were still figuring out the power structure of it I guess. If so, kinda cool they’d be weaving in the comics. Maybe Soule was sharing notes

Look no further than Cosa Nostra. See the Billy Bats scene in Goodfellas as an example.

Anybody interested in Black Krrsantan trading cards, the Living Set has a timed release going on right now:

4 Likes

Individual cards are $8.00?
Sheesh… where have I been over the years with respect to Topps cards.

3 Likes

The trading card market in general has gone nuts the past few years. Downright unaffordable now for many and definitely not as fun as it used to be.

4 Likes

Fixed it:

“The [insert collectible ] market in general has gone nuts the past few years. Downright unaffordable now for many and definitely not as fun as it used to be.”

6 Likes

yeaa… it’s just odd that a company will charge $8 out of the gate for a card … literally a card with one piece of art on it vs. a comic that is $4.00 for a cover, story, inker, artist, editor, etc…

I’m fine with craziness and nuts over the past few years, but I’m just doing a simple comparison of similar collectibles and it seems way way off to me. What do I know. I don’t collect cards anymore

1 Like

Really is crazy. I think I mentioned I made the decision to set up at a convention in two weeks. It’s close and I simply have toooo much stuff.

I’m trying to be very diligent about pricing, looking things up (sold listings) and being fair with my pricing. It is absolutely incredible to me what some of the toys I have are selling for. Items I just sort of bought and tucked in a bin and though nothing more of. Of course, my vintage toys have skyrocketed, but the so called “modern, overproduced, worthless junk” is anything but that. I really, really hope I can unload the majority of this stuff in person. Honestly, if I ran it at half of what most of it is selling for I’d make out like a bandit.

3 Likes

And not to forget the craziness over sketch cards! Mediocre small pieces of art going for hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars!

The only cards that I can see may have value in all these craziness are the rare autograph cards and those with screen used relic cards like those with the pieces of the razor crest.

1 Like

Gotta be ultra careful with relic cards. Topps and Panini both use legal jargon in their COA that basically says " we don’t take responsibility if this is fake".

Panini has been caught multiple times with “game worn” jerseys in cards that are actually “event worn” and/or store bought.

You’re always better off just letting the card retailers open all the packs and find the one you want though. If you’re worried about spending $300 on a particular autograph you want, you’re likely to spend WAAAAAAAAAY more trying to find one opening hobby boxes with one autograph OR sketch card per box at $80+ a box.

1 Like

This is why I sold my Chewbacca fur relic (for$400). Basically all you could parse from the disclaimer language was that this came from the same batch that was used to make a Wookiee costume at some point during Lucasfilm production.

1 Like

Agree. Also, cheaper to wait for the SWAU signings most of the time.

1 Like