The Future of DC Films

Tl;dr:

-Henry Cavill as Superman is out, can suit up as other DC hero in the future
-Gunn is writing Superman in his early reporter years
-Abrams/Coates Black Superman still in development
-Meeting with Ben Affleck for future DC directing gig
-New DC slate to be announced in early January 2023

2 Likes

Ugh, I am so bummed about the Cavill news. He was one of if it THE MOST talked about parts of Black Adam.

3 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Hopefully Cavill goes back to the Witcher…

He’s not…

Just going to put this right here…

3 Likes

I’ve always hoped to see “The Spectre” on screen. I love the Ostrander run of the 90’s and that Jim Corrigan story line would make for a good adaptation.
Good example of a comic series that at one point was blazing hot and became easy/cheap to find.

Wishful thinking I suppose.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I can’t blame The Rock at all. He, along with the Black Adam team fought so hard to turn the DCEU around and bring Cavi back just to get crapped on.

3 Likes

And there you go…

1 Like

James Gunn is so full of shit saying in tweets yesterday who said we got rid of Gal today all reports Gal Gadot is done with the DCEU.

1 Like

I think he is just going with younger actors and needs to cut the old people that we grew up with.

2 Likes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!

4 Likes

Maybe Gunn wants to bring his versions into the new DCU. That could be a good thing.

1 Like

Sad day. Doom Patrol brings me so much joy

2 Likes

HBO MAX: We Will Destroy Everything You Love.

3 Likes

Honestly, Titans was really hard for me to get into.

1 Like

Same, I guess I wanted more “Go” mixed in.

Yeah, a sad day for fans of both shows. I’ve enjoyed both but Doom Patrol was the shit. And how do you do a write up about DP and not mention Brendan Fraser?!

2 Likes

Have they released any kind of schedule for the new DC films?