The Future of DC Films

HIVE

Lots of people are using it now

Because twitter sucked before, it sucks even more now! :wink:

Thats a cool name. HIVE. Like teen titans…

2 Likes

Buying up and specing on all those rando DC TV show characters would eventually pay off.

1 Like

Make us an Alana top DC spec list, please!

2 Likes

I’m gonna start speculating on social media sites instead of comics. What could go wrong?

1 Like

Myspace…

Kingdom Come

6 Likes

Hopefully they’ll make the original Civil War better than the original Civil War flick.

I suspect he is using the art as an example of getting around the table to make plans, rather than hinting Kingdom Come is in the pipeline. He made some comments the other day that suggested he is only a few weeks into the job and it takes much longer to build a whole franchise plan.

I think anyone who has over-paid for Omega Men #3 since the Lobo picture was used in a previous post might have similarly over-interpreted the meaning of the picture.

He’s already building plans…

1 Like

I think begun is the right word. I’m not sure they have already decided to do anything close to creating a universe with Kingdom Come at its centre. From the article:

James Gunn and Peter Safran are now the new co-CEOs of DC Studios, and they’re just begun work on reshaping the company’s movies, TV shows, and assorted other products — apparently into one giant, cohesive multimedia universe.

I just think it is a picture of heroes planning : )

1 Like
3 Likes

2 Likes

He’s barely getting settled at his office and he’s being bombarded with tweets, I imagine. Dang.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Now that is sad.

2 Likes

Awww nuts.

Well, with Gunn in charge now those films being canceled doesn’t mean we won’t see those characters or even films with them staring in it. It just means he is going in a different direction and what was in front of him probably didn’t fit the mold he is trying to create. Hopefully in the coming months we start seeing the foundation he is starting to build. I’m going t be a bit more optimistic with DC movies and even comic spec moving forward. Odds are what is being built up should be pretty good. If I didn’t load up on a bunch of bronze age DC spec seven or eight years ago, I would be doing that now. Who knows, all those copies of New Gods #1 and Mister Miracle #1…plus many others might actually make me some money down the line. They’ve gone up since I bought them, just nothing spectacular…yet.

3 Likes

There is so much movie potential with Mr. Miracle.

I hope they get Keats back for one last Batman role. I love ‘89 Batman. That’s what got me into comics as a kid.

1 Like