This is the Way

Yeah. I am surprised they kept them this long, and most of the layoffs I read were not full timers either. Anyone have info on the state of Six Flags layoffs?

I thought Hasbro made the profits from the per unit sales and just paid Disney royalties as a set amount. Does Disney really get a cut of each unit?

True, but that really is a slippery slope. If 25% or 30% is not enough, would you rather have them fired or take a higher percentage or no pay. And where is the cutoff, 100k a year, 200k a year?

You are right about bloated executive salaries, but it is standard practice across the board, during the financial crisis which the banks caused, banks executives paid themselves record amounts of money from government bailout money while the people on Main Street suffered from what they did.

Some of the pitfalls of capitalism.

Iā€™m sure there could be a formula that takes each companys profits, and divide it up in a fair way such that each contributor/employee to the company gets their fair share. Executives should not earn any more than 50% more than the standard employee. If the company is doing well, then every one who works for that company should be doing well too, right down to the custodians. M2c.

1 Like

Question: Who shows up at Tython?

Force ghost

I have always had a really hard time letting go of comics. The thing is, after they are gone, Iā€™m fine with it though. Itā€™s the process & anticipation of loss that always plagues me.
I promised myself I would stop accumulating and sell however as a means of saving for a trip for my wife (I know I told most of you about it).
Anywayā€¦I had duplicates of both Clone Wars #1 and Heir to the Empire #1 in 9.8. I usually use the ā€œwhat if they go higher in the futureā€ as an excuse, but I really canā€™t see a future time where the hype will be greater.
Anyway, they sold immediately & Iā€™m definitely much closer to Hawaii than I was yesterday lol.
Feels kind of good.
This is the way!

3 Likes

If and when I find the time, Iā€™m trying to cut my collection down to almost nothing (I really want to focus on silver and bronze keys of my favorite characters, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer, etc). Iā€™m trying to do a @drunkwooky, less is moreā€¦ I can keep reading and talking about comics without accumulating so many of them.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a dangerous road, pulling a @drunkwooky. Even DrunkWooky isnā€™t entirely sure he should be doing what heā€™s doing most of the time. God speed at any rate.

2 Likes

Nopeā€¦ It is the way. :wink:

2 Likes

Grogu is going to end up a Mandalorian Jedi, isnā€™t he?

4 Likes

Knee rockets!!!

2 Likes

You Nailed it.

He had more lines in his first scene than in the entire Skywalker saga.

And here I asked for the Razorcrest lego set for x-masā€¦so disappointedā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, that was unfortunate. Nice ship though.

I was just thinking at the start of the episode it has the makings of an iconic shipā€¦up there with the falcon and bobaā€™s shipā€¦30 minutes later itā€™s like they killed off a main characterā€¦

1 Like

So did the Dr. Aphra ā€œdoppelgƤngerā€ get toasted like everyone else on the bridge? She seemed to be a little too important to toss aside.

1 Like

One can only assume.

Iā€™ve already watched this 3x this evening. Such a great episode and finale. Terrible having to wait a whole year now :sob:

2 Likes

Soā€¦can Mando just hand the Dark Sabre back to Moff Gideon and let Bo-Katan and him Duke it out?

Obviously he canā€™t hand it to Boā€¦but was wondering is thereā€™s a loop hole work around hereā€¦familiar with this Dark Sabre and itā€™s history, I am not.

1 Like

Well, what we know about all flavors of Mandos is that their doctrines are rigid, inflexible, and unreasonable.