Thor 5 3rd Prints Hitting $30

Glad I ordered 6. I knew this book was gonna be hard to find on Wed. I see there’s a 4th print on FOC this week no cover reveal jus yet. And Thor #2 5th print. And today I see Thor 6 2nd print is bacc up for preorder kinda strange since last week was the FOC or am I buggin.

They moved the FOC a week and added a 1:50 sketch cover.

Too bad it is 1:50, would have got it if it was 1:25.

TFAW has Thor 6 2nd Print up. I don’t trust Unknown to fulfill orders after what I have heard and now have experienced.

Tell me when the 1:50 variant is up lol

I would imagine they will start popping up when people start ordering the regular cover. TFAW didn’t used to list a bunch of reprints. Now we see them all the time.

I’m in @$2.50 each and ordered 10 several weeks ago. I was tempted to list a few but I’m not going to sell something I don’t have in hand. I think I may just hang onto them all and see what the future holds.

1 Like

Same… I cant sell unless I have the book.

1 Like

Yeah I know u dont rock with unknowncomics because they shitted on you. But so far all my multiples and preorders been on point so far. But TFAW jus shorted me on my Strange Academy books. Ordered 3 they put 2. Kyle emailed me said they were shorted books so I just got 2. It’s all a dice roll

Just to be fair and transparent here, I haven’t received my legends of the dark knights from TFAW…they had two links up for that book as well. Both with different FOCs.

No explanation for the delay.

Seeing as how they are sold out and secondary market is double to triple cover…I don’t expect this order to be fulfilled.

So why aren’t they getting beat up for this? Why is no one complaining? Because it’s not Spawn 309B?

Because its TFAW and more like Tfaw than dont I assume. Which is perfectly fine but you can tell its favored here. I have the same outstanding order as well

So it’s ok for TFAW to do it because of favoritism.

So this Site plays favorites now?

I thought that’s what separates this site from other spec sites. Being Non-biased, transparent and fair. That’s why I keep coming back.

I’m all for calling out companies and shops, be it praise or condemnation. But be fair. If you’re going to hold one shop accountable for its actions, all shops committing the same foul should also be held a accountable.

It doesn’t matter what book. What matters is how they handle the situation. So far TFAW hasn’t acknowledged their error. I suppose I’ll contact them today and see whassup and report back.

1 Like

I agree they should be called out. It mostly hasn’t been done because it was talked about beforehand. So a conversation was had that there was a duplicate listing and many of us (me included) added it to our carts knowing that it was not going to be fulfilled, but we did it in hopes they did fulfill. But feel free to put TFAW on blast about it. I will say TFAW did not put a video out saying they “canceled mostly flipper orders”

1 Like

I’ve sent an inquiry to TFAW respectfully asking for an update on my pre-order. See what they come back with.

I still haven’t see the video nor did I get a link sent to me from Unknown. I get emails from them daily too. But I didn’t order this issue from them.

Like I’ve said in the past, I will give them a negative on their poor quality in customer communication. That is one thing I think separates them from a lot of other shops.

I watched Unknown Comics video about that. He didn’t say that he cancelled “flippers” orders at all. In fact, he said he 100% supports the speculator. He cancelled the orders that were placed after FOC because there was a duplicate listing. The exact same reason as TFAW actually.

I’ve ordered a lot of product from Unknown. I’ve never had a cancellation, they ship fast, pack things really well, and stand behind their product if there is any damage.

1 Like

Here’s a link to the video. Pretty standup to confront the situation like this if you ask me…

https://www.facebook.com/Unknowncomicbooks/videos/spawngate/2609654016014368/?so=permalink&rv=related_videos

1 Like

I have placed several orders with Unknown and have no complaints as of yet. However when it comes to the “flipper” orders I find it hard to believe that they would cancel solely based on that. They offer 5 and 10 packs of most of the “hot” books, at insanely cheap prices. Point being I don’t think you offer up 5 and 10 packs of “hot” books if you do not want to cater to so called “flippers”.

2 Likes

Exactly. I normally order a few hundred copies at a time. Never had a problem with them.

I wouldn’t go as far as to say it’s “favored” here. We try not to pick favorites. Yes, we link to TFAW which is an affiliate that in turn helps support the site after someone clicks and goes off and decides to buy that product. If Midtown had an affiliate program, we would certainly put up links using them (we do anyways but don’t make squat off it). The affiliate links make up to support running CHU. Most of the major shops have zero affiliates except TFAW. I would put TFAW in the top 5 of online retailers.

But if someone has issues with them, by all means, you’re not going to hurt our feelings by calling them out. I’ve done it myself but I will give TFAW credit where it’s due, everytime I’ve reached out to their customer service they have been spot on in handling the situation.

I can attest to what @Anthony said though. I think most people knew one of the pre-orders just wasn’t going to happen but most were hoping the orders would somehow get fulfilled.

It does seem lately that TFAW (who use to never cancel pre-orders before FOC) has been lately, which is odd but with all the mixup of distribution form Diamond, new distributors now handling DC, etc… This is all part of the ever changing growing pains that the retailers are facing as well until things smooth over.

As for Unknown, I didn’t watch their video or can comment on what happened with them. I already heard some stories about experiences with them that keep me from using them. I tend to stick to the bigger retailers. Since COVID, it sure does seem there have been plentiful online shops pop up now for comics… seems like you can spit on the internet and hit a new comic shop running over there on shopify…