Todd’s Pickups and Sales Thread

I ended up with 2 copies by not paying attention as I was trying to buy Batman of the same issue number. I believe Anthony posted at the main site about it. It was dirt cheap so whatever.

Another set of these as well, featuring the first appearance of Galacta. She’s Galactus daughter and we just need Cates to include her in the next Thor arc and we’ll see it explode. Someone let Donny know to include her please.

Finally a low low print run and a fan favorite artist that I didn’t know was still active in comics, Adam Warren.

I remember that Adam Warren one shot with the daughter of Galactus. It was fun.

1 Like

So a bunch of new Thane related purchases. I figured most were already on my list anyway. With it being a possibility of it being Thane in the new Thor book I decided to pull the trigger.

I already have a few New Avengers #10, which is credited as his first appearance. To me it’s a weak first appearance showing up in two panels only. So I decided Infinity #4 was the next books to add to my collection.

So I picked up these two newsstands.

I bought 3 of the highest graded from my comic shop as well. This is a stock photo but we all like pics.

As well a design variant of I4.

That’s not it, I also picked up an entire set of Infinity Design Variants including the first Cover Appearance of Thane.

One last one which is New Avengers #11.

1 Like

A few more newsstands with hopefully more to come shortly. First up is another Newsstand of Winter Soldiers First Cameo along with the Directors Cut. All for $8.50.

The heats dying down on Daredevil #9 and a nice Newsstand Edition came up last night so I nabbed it. A bit of a story here as well.

It was initially listed at $39.95/OBO. So me being a cheapskate made a $35 offer followed up by a $38 offer. Both were declined so I went to purchase. I rushed through checkout and just noticed the price has gone up $10 to $49.95 as I confirmed my order.

Initially I thought I was slipping and had read it wrong but while I was trying to save a few bucks he was raising the price. If I’d only just bought it outright I would’ve saved that extra $10. Either way happy to add another to my PC.

Finally the first full appearance of Alejandra Jones Ghost Rider set me back $20 including shipping.

1 Like

Now some Kid Kaiju books. $1.66 each and its a first full appearance.

Just a few more. Picked up 8 copies at $1.25 each. It’s the first appearance of Black Swan.

Another copy of the same book along with a few others including MA#13 First Secret Warriors. Just under $8 with shipping.

Finally X-Men #2 which features the First High Summoner & a gorgeous Lee Psylocke Cover for $13.

Some High Summoner Issues in addition to what’s above.

Ended up getting 2 copies of XM12. Snagged a 2nd Print of XM2 and a few of the variants as well.

1 Like

Not a comic but comic related purchase that’s unfortunately back ordered until 10/21. I went ahead and bought 11 more short plastic comic bins that BCW sells.

If you aren’t aware of them check em out at their site. They’ve even gotta video about them. Obviously more expensive than the cardboard but it’s benefits make it worth it. To me at least. It’s going to take forever to switch over all my cardboard boxes over to the plastic bins. Especially since I’m also rebagging and boarding my entire collection into mylites2 and fullbacks.

I hate when eBay people do this. I was buying some bumper rods for my car and the person was asking $9.65 O.B.O. I offered $9. Later on they counter offer with $10. They had raised the price to $10.65. I mean these are cheap rods not high performance rods. I was mad a little that the person did that. I countered with $8 and told them ether take it or don’t but it’s not cool to raise the prices. They declined my offer lol.

I had ordered/paid for a two of those from two separate ebay sellers and both ended up being no shipments but even more irriating…no responses at all upon inquiries. I received refunds via paypal/ebay but it was just odd.

1 Like

@ToddW Great pickups btw. I was just going to post a quick spec about Kid Kaiju actually. More on his first cameo in Totally Awesome Hulk simply because I still think that is a very disregarded book that people still don’t grab. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found that in stores in cheap bins. I know it’s not the most expensive book…but Kid Kaiju is interesting. I love all the books you bought as well.

I have to wonder also…given that we are going to see Ultraman…Kid Kaiju could certainly come to play within that (although I don’t know if Ultraman is even existing within the Marvel Universe so to speak).

Always love seeing your books/grabs…makes me add stuff to my list.

1 Like

Thanks. Which books were you speaking of that the seller never shipped or responded? Mine usually just get canceled because they want more money.

I do the same thing myself. Someone posted about and X-men cover and I ended up buying Some copies myself. I’m always trying to expand my list of books to watch for. Here’s another source that I use. It’s not 100% or always 100% accurate but it’s another tool.

@ToddW It was the nice, plastic comic boxes that I had problems with. So not a huge deal & I received my money back. Maybe they had supply issues like you mentioned.
Thx for the link!

1 Like

If you’re buying the plastic bins buy them directly from BCW. They give a discount with the more you buy and they have the lowest prices anyway.

1 Like

Anyone want to see some Newsstands?! Well I’m posting them anyway. Got another copy of New X-Men #134, the First Appearance of Kid Omega. To be honest I lost count of how many of these I have. I wanna say a dozen or so in Newsstand. It’s a book I’ll alway pick up if the price and conditions right.

Speaking of books I won’t pass up if the price and conditions right is Batman Shadow of the Bat #1, First Appearance of Victor Zsaaz. Picked up all 3 copies cheap.

2 Likes

Still need to get and read the House & Powers of X series but added these as well along with the first appearance of The Hood.

Just picked New Avengers #10 Newsstand Edition up for $40. I’ve got the First 2 Appearances of Thane in Newsstand.

2 Likes

I have a ton of purchases to post later when I’m out of work.