Todd’s Pickups and Sales Thread

I’m going to start with some newsstands. I’m not sure how many there are in either lot but there at least 7 in the JSA lot with Alex Ross covers and some first appearances. Believe there’s a total of 13 books.

Some more newsstands and Alex Ross among others. This is a JLA Lot that I picked up. I’ve been looking for the JLA#12 Alex Ross connecting covers in newsstand for a while now. This was a 50 book lot with a few visible newsstands. Any additional newsstands I find I’ll post here.

Next up the first 3 issues of Thanos Rising in newsstand.

This last one is the first appearances of a few characters including…shit I’m drawing a blank. His dad is/was in the Imperial Guard, the one with the Mohawk. As well as someone else. Kid Gladiator and Warbird.

2 Likes

Oops missed a newsstand. Couple of firsts in this one as well and my second newsstand copy.

1 Like

To round it out some others I picked up.

2 Likes

So back on topic. I was mainly after Pixies First Full Appearance in #12 but they’re all newsstands from a seller I’ve bought from several times.

Picked up 4 more minty New X-Men #114 Newsstands. It’s the first Grant Morrison on the series as well as Cassandra Novas first appearance. Have several of these already but newsstands are really heating up. Paid $50, which is a bit more than I wanted but it’ll pay off at some point. I’d love to see Morrison’s run up on the big screen in someway. It’s a series that I’ll always pick up certain issues if the price is right.

2 Likes

A few more pickups. I finally got BP#2 First Appearance of Shuri at a good price. Paid $34 for the set. I wanted a newsstand but the one I won a month or two ago was never shipped by the seller. So I’m making due til I can get my hands on one.

I also picked up Thor God of Thunder #13 Photo Variant for $10.50.

On a side note I’m planning on ramping up my offline purchase. I don’t visit my local shops for a few different reasons. Including not caring for the owner of the better stocked shop. Nothing personal against him but he’s just not very friendly. You’re lucky if you get a grunt out of him when speaking to him.

I figured why give him my money if he can’t be bothered to say hi or thanks when dropping money in his shop. I’m now thinking why not visit his shop for all the hot books he doesn’t keep track of? Buy them dirt cheap and make some money.

4 Likes

A few more including some newsstands. Won all 4 copies of Avengers #1 for well below my max bids. All 4 including shipping cost $24.47. The time to collect first appearances are when they’re cheap. Idk if Black Swan as a character will go anywhere but it’s a low price and it scratches my newsstand and first appearance itch.

As well a few Wolverine Newsstands which set me back $27. I could turn around and get that much for each of the newsstands.

Finally another copy of CyberForce #25 Newsstand which has a preview of The Darkness.

2 Likes

Lots of new purchases that I won’t be listing. I’m through with comics as I’m sick of buying stuff that sellers cancel because they want more money. It was good getting to know some of you.

4 Likes

What happened friend?

1 Like

Whaaaaaaat ?? What happened ?

1 Like

I feel you dude. This happened to me for 1 full year. To tell you that I was so mad that I shrinked my collection in half. I was so over comics, but my wife was the one who told me to just keep going at it and let it be when it does happen. Another chance will come by and you will get a deal on the books.

With that, I says take a break from buying. Maybe down the road, you will jump back on.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I like your posts though, @ToddW! Hope you’ll be back!

1 Like

I have taken breaks throughout the years. But … I tend to avoid EBay now as people want some outrageous prices on that site. Comics are my relaxation.

1 Like

That lasted long now didn’t it? I took a one day break all I could manage. Sellers canceling is happening 1-3 times a month and it’s so frustrating. I spend so much time on eBay that when I finally do find a great deal it makes it all worthwhile. When they cancel it really grinds my gears.

Did anyone else see that another AF15 Newsstand sold for $250? The seller definitely didn’t know what they had. Unfortunately I tried to get it but my payment method wasn’t showing so I had to redo it and missed out on it.

I’m going to post some more purchases pretty soon.

3 Likes

Going to start out with some Newsstands. The Captain America books I already have multiples of but $6 was doable for the set.

Next up from the same seller a whole set of The Brotherhood in Newsstand for $9. Well except #2 but the rest are. Actually the only newsstands I’ve seen of that particular series.

I’m surprised no ones really going after Justice League #41 which is the first full appearance of Grail. JLA40 sells really well but it’s only a cameo. Just under $20.

2 Likes

You thought I was done? Lol. Not by a long shot. Some random and cheap first appearance books. These were all $1 each.

First up Batman #43 First Mr Bloom 3 copies.

Next Up X-men #6 First Full Raze Darkholme 9 copies.

Also got 3 copies of Uncanny X-Men #13 which I believe is his first cover appearance.

Vision #2- 1 Copy

Vision #3- 3 copies

JIM#622 First Ikol paid $8 altogether.

So this at the mail site and picked up the only copy I could find for $10 First Frankencastle 2nd Print.

1 Like

Finally why I was ready to give up comics a day or two ago. Bloodstone has been on my list for a good while. First appearance of Elsa Bloodstone. All the books have low print runs and I was ecstatic when I bought the whole set for $18 including shipping.

I went to bed with a smile on my face which promptly disappeared when I woke up. Seller canceled and was very honest, professional and polite in dealing with me.

Apparently a consignment item but I gave him hell anyway. I definitely took out my frustration on him for all the books I’ve never received or were canceled. You know like that high grade BP2 first Shuri in newsstand that never got mailed.

He offered the set for $80 and since he dealt with me like a champ I took him up on the offer. I also learned he used to live in my area so that didn’t hurt. I present Bloodstone #1-4.

2 Likes

1st full app of Grail is the FCBD Divergence book…fyi

2 Likes