Tyler Kirkham and other artists launch Artists Elite Comics

Top Names - Top Talent
Making the stories they want to make with the art they want to draw. Doing it their way, with their vision.
Preview issue coming soon. Sign up for our newsletter to get all the info when it happens.
Own a store? Apply to be an authorized retailer with opportunities to make your own variants.

Thoughts?

1 Like

So here are some thoughts. It’s a company driven by artists. Hopefully they will sign some decent writers as well. Not a dig on the guys because they all are talented. However, most of the artists are known for their ability to draw female forms and not for their dialogue or character creation. So, with that said, I am a wait and see. I always wish new comic companies the best of luck and hope they thrive.

5 Likes

Bet Unknown Comics will have a hand in this. The owner is a huge Kirkham supporter and got Kirkham his first published work through Hastings when he was working there before they closed them all down

1 Like

Sounds a lot like Image Comics. I wish them the best of luck and may check a few books out if they sound interesting.

2 Likes

Love how they were complaining about missing out on NYCC money, yet they have more than enough money to throw around.

1 Like

I like Ebas and these guys are pretty talented. That being said its hard not think of the same issues Image had when it first started where it was a bunch of talented artists but none of them were really great writers. Wish them luck

Greed is one hell of a drug.

Bezos wants more money, Buffett wants more money, Gates wants more money, etc. Granted, they want it more for power and influence than anything else, but still.

Meh

1 Like

They are always complaining about something. I despise that store. I had a really bad experience with them in the past, and absolutely refuse to give them any of money. It’s funny that they always have their exclusives on a sale if you wait long enough.

3 Likes

Once upon a time, the artist came up with the basic plot of each comic through their interior art, handed off to the writer to fill in the dialogue after telling them what’s going on… I know a lot of people give Stan Lee credit but honestly, we all know who was really coming up with most of the early stuff at least in the Marvel world… :wink:

3 Likes

Can they stay on schedule? Reminds me of Image, like other posters have said. Well, I remember wondering if Dale Keown had died (multiple times) because the lag time between Pitt issues was insane. It’s fun to be the boss until you realize how much responsibility it takes to keep the show running. Best of luck to them. They are talented, no doubt.

1 Like

I’m curious what will be made and will check some stuff out, but I’m not overly ecstatic or anything.

I’m with Torgo at the “meh” station.

1 Like

https://www.cbr.com/artists-elite-coimcs-tyler-kirkham-ale-garza-primer-red-blue/

3 Likes

I’m not being facetious when I say I totally forgot about this. I just utterly forgot. Still vaguely interested in what gets made.

Interesting, looks like the early days of image. Will definitely check it out.

One of these looks like an a knightly Red Hood.

I’ll show up for the dog…

As a Wookiee you do have a soft spot for anything furry. Edit:Not saying you’re a furry tho, no shade at them either.

1 Like

He reminds me of my dog, Odin.

2 Likes