Venom 25 / 2nd Print vs Venom 27 / 3rd Print?

It’s not I’ve been struggling to find them at cover since FOC closed without limit of one copy for Venom #27 3rd print only 84 listings on eBay as of now. Was 77 listings yesterday so numbers didn’t move up much with the release today in comparison there’s like 6000 listings for Batman #100 different covers on eBay. It’s all right there were plenty of naysayers on Venom #3 3rd print, Venom #4 3rd print, Thanos #15 4th print.

3 Likes

Then your chances of getting a 9.8 just went from 0% to 0%!

All joking aside I’m not really a huge 9.8 guy. In fact I try to keep a lot of my silver, bronze and other back issues raw and in mylar.

However, I do enjoy chasing a spec from time to time and would appreciate if I had a chance at NM+ on a brand new book.

Dear Knull, please don’t savagely kill the Codex spec in the King in Black or before.

1 Like

We only need one Dylan, so one of them must die by the end of King in Black… :wink:

1 Like

haha, so many people hoping for his demise : ) poor Codex.

We definitely should revisit this after the arc!

Maybe I’m in the minority but I just don’t think he’s that cool of a character. He looks like Winter Soldier but can control symbiotes… and Knull is still the big baddie and apparently there is the opposite “Light” character of equal awesomeness, so Dylan/Codex are just players in this big Universe so far that Cates is creating for Venom/Symbiotes.

2 Likes

I bet we start seeing the cheap 9.8 slabs of venom 27 3rd start moving once people realize so many are damaged. I think there are listings as low as $50.

1 Like

Nobody has a general idea how many got damaged. Books get damaged from shipping/Diamond every…single…week.

So people, stop making this out to be some sort of panic attack. You guys are just stirring up FOMO.

The copies of Venom #27 3rd print I received all look good, no damage.

2 Likes

What’s weird is I have zero interest in Winter Soldier. That goes for both comics and MCU. To the point that I’m confused why Disney+ is giving the character a TV show.

I think a lot of the intrigue rests in the unknown surrounding Codex, but also in that he does resemble Knull. Which IMO is a very cool design aesthetic.

I can almost imagine a Star Wars scenario where Knull is Emperor Palpatine, Codex is Darth Vadar and Dylan Brock is Luke Skywalker. Even though in this story Codex and Dylan are actually the same person. As soon as I thought of this comparison, I started worrying Cates already knows exactly how he’s going to kill Codex.

With that said and this is going to sound childish but… Codex looks cool on comic book covers, probably sells well and really looks like the type of character Cates himself would be a fan of IMO.

I’m also genuinely eager to see him in a few fights. What does a Codex fight with Captain America look like? I want to see how his power and fighting style matches up across a few panels. I wouldn’t mind if Codex chopped Hawkeye’s head off lol

Everyone sell your homes and purchase any remaining 9.8s on EBAY before it’s too late!

1 Like

Isn’t making a big deal out of nothing really what we do as comic book collectors? Feels fundamental to the whole hobby. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Ain’t buying into Codex come on gang. Dylan isn’t gonna die so Codex has to die. They probably don’t wanna kill of Knull after the hype train so Codex has to go down it’s obvious. Sell sell sell

1 Like

My x-factor 13s arrived with spine ticks like those of venom 27. Sunnava…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Where u order from?

A&S Comics. Paid $13 shipped. It arrived well packaged…just Severe spine damage.

If these issues are constructed from kleenex tissues, it’s difficult to blame the retailer imo. Fortunately it sounds like one person on the thread was fully satisfied with the condition their books came in…

Remember, Marvel has larger payroll for their comics division (it’s not just creators taking a large % of the cut, etc). So going with cheaper paper stock and not the thicker paper likely results in keeping the price in check. If we saw them go with higher premium paper, we’d then have people likely complain about the price hike… it’s a lose lose situation for Marvel.

I use my Turok and Bloodshot #1 to play fetch with my dog and it still looks better than my soon to be dead Codex spec. But yes the math behind marvel makes sense

Boooooooooooo

Frustrating with the whole condition issue but for your books to be delivered the day after NCBD?

Impressive… :face_with_monocle: