Venom 25 / 2nd Print vs Venom 27 / 3rd Print?

Mine are all fine as well. I think i mentioned this in another thread , its usuLly the way retailers handle taking the books out of the box. Unless ur using a custom shoehorn, retailers with fat fingers are going to dmg the books

1 Like

Ones from Grahamcrackers look perfect 9.8s came in archival bags and boards with two day shipping for some reason I didn’t pay for any of that shit. If I can get new books on Thursday from Graham’s with no upgraded shipping charge I’ll be putting in more orders lol.

They have a 4th print out now. Wonder whata going to be on the cover.

Probably Scorpion

1 Like

gonna wait for the 12th print to go heavy.

Yeah, Codex’s best first appearance drops in 2021 post mortem. Hopefully the print run isn’t out of control

Maybe speculators should stop buying additional prints to sell to other speculators… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

While yes it is still very ridiculous. I am holding myself to only buying additional prints when that printing has a first cover appearance. And zero exclusive store variants. I’m feeling so disciplined rn

3 Likes

That sounds like a good plan.

1 Like

Hey everyone! Here are some pictures of the 2 “9.8” copies of Venom #27 3rd printing that I received from Golden Apple Comics today… :roll_eyes:

In all seriousness though, not sure how you guys/gals do it - 11 comics in this order - 3 ‘store exclusive’ variants and I’d be lucky if 2 out of the 11 are 9.8s…

That’s 6 online orders so far - 2 midtown, 2 TFAW, 1 Big Time Collectibles, 1 Golden Apple Comics.

The second Midtown order was the best - happy with what I received.

Both TFAW orders had issues - got refunds on the first but didn’t bother with the second.

Big Time Collectibles was almost perfect but one of four comics had scuffing along the spine on the front cover.

Golden Apple had to be the biggest let down … Maybe I’m expecting too much, but when I pay over 30 bucks for a store exclusive ‘virgin’ variant, then I don’t want to see a single stress mark/ding on the spine when I receive the copy I paid for.

Here’s a close up of the Venom 28 ‘WWE/Wrestling’ store exclusive virgin variant…

Not to derail the thread but am I being unreasonable here? Do I need to reevaluate my expectations when purchasing raw comic books online? :thinking:

1 Like

golden apple cherry picks, buy from a store that doesnt do cgc sales

2 Likes

When a store does an exclusive with a CGC offering, the best copies are pulled from the group for that. You get what’s left. Still, should be better than what you’ve got.

lol I can even see the text from the other side of the front cover with the light reflecting at the right angle… Like an imprint… :rofl:

It’s not just the store variants either, … It’s every other book I got from them too. Not a single one of these would come back a 9.8 without a press and even with a press I’d be lucky to get 2 9.8s back max.

Won’t be shopping here again. Not to mention that they mark up standard issues of books before they even release. They had the second printing of SW Bounty Hunters #2 up for $6 bucks before it even came out.

Anyways - so frustrating. End rant.

1 Like

As printing and paper quality standards diminish, I’d expect more of this. Especially black covers.

9.8’s are overrated anyways… comics with flaws give them character… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’d be really salty. I don’t think any of those in the picture will come out 9.8 with the spine damage

Ouch, very ouch

Don’t all stores with “exclusives” offer cgc sales?

Never expect 9.8s when ordering online.

Especially from those that sell cgc 9.8s.

2 Likes