Venom #27 3rd print FOC ends today

That’s an option for damn near every book I’ve seem on that site for Venom and Thor. And I still sold 1 book for their 5 pack price. Knowing what we know is not common I keep saying that. I bought comics recently for a full year before I knew about FOC. Store variants. Ratios. I thought if I seen the cover it was jus something my shop didnt get or i showed up to late lol

1 Like

Sorry, I LOL’ed when I read that.

Again, I stress for you guys to think about what you’re doing on a site that now has a crap ton of traffic versus before. This could have been a a fairly short printed book. Not anymore…

Topics like these should be in the Lounge.

And Poyo, I mean no disrespect, but you want us to share this in the open because it means more pageviews and revenue from your ads with google. If I were you, I would think the same way. So I get it. But, please understand, conversations like this out in the open, with the dramatically increased traffic are literally costing all of us major opportunities.

I don’t think you realize how little Google Ads pay. Lol.

1 Like

Free information for all the only thing the forum does is increase the speed at which the information is delivered

I have a few copies of Frison’s Something is Killing the Children #1 that always keeps me grounded during these discussions.

1 Like

Lol, I’m familiar, hence why you need so much traffic.

But really guys, if this topic would have been in the Lounge this may have been a short print. Marvel intentionally held the cover back with 12 hours left to order trying to help us.

In scenarios like these, we should be mindful.

Why would you guys want to ruin your own spec? We can have the exact same conversation in the Lounge and not ruin it.

I and others would have seen this in the lounge :wink:

Think Devildog said it best: Look at Something is Killing the Children #1 Frison FOC variant.

The place we and people who post on the forum get the info is the same place many of the shops get the info from.

The Comic mint isn’t offering 5 packs because it was posted on the forum.

That’s my point. I want you to see it. I want everyone who participates to see it. You earned it by participating.

What you’re not considering is the THOUSANDS of lurkers who don’t participate and see it when it’s not in the Lounge.

There are maybe 50 of us who participate regularly. We’re not going to destroy a spec by sharing with each other.

We will most definitely destroy a spec by sharing with THOUSANDS.

You don’t know that Anthony. I bet you a quadrillion dollars that all the major comic shops lurk on this site.

This site literally is a free focus group for them.

When they see a topic blow up, they pay attention and react.

When was the last time you saw 5-packs for a book that doesn’t have an incentive?

I see the stats it’s not the thousands that you think it is.

I’m sure everyone that read about venom #27 here also got an email from one of the many retailers selling it that’s how we got the info. They sell out store variants in the 1000s I’m sure they have more people in their email lists to tell then we do.

1 Like

Other then Alana telling me I should buy Venom 27 3rd print, What other spec am i missing from this free focus group?

Alexa just told me Venom was created by a fan not Todd McFarlane or anybody else and Marvel liked the character and paid $220 for the rights to own him. Randy Schueller

This isn’t just about Venom 27. This is in general for any pre-FOC book.

I hope what I’m saying makes sense.

I don’t think most of you have thought about the growth that has taken place here. You’re not talking amongst yourselves anymore.

Anthony, can you please post a screenshot of the pageviews for the Comic Forum for the last 7 days?

You keep referencing the million views, but how many years did it take to get those views? Also, I seriously doubt there are 1000s of unique user views on a daily basis. I get it, we want every book to be low printed and in high demand. I simply dont think there is a way to keep these books a secret, considering most people post information/links that were sourced from outside these forums.

I could but the number will be completely taken out of context because it doesn’t take into account repeat readers, crawlers, and the likes. So if I said it averages about 10,000 views a day you would say “aha, see 10,000 people read the site” but it needs to be extrapolated. For example how many are crawlers scraping for key words. How many are from Alana and her frequent posts, how many are anonymous. And how many are actually retailers looking to do 5 packs.

About 6 months.

I’m at least 1800 views a day myself Poyo is up there too monitoring whatever I say :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like