Venom: Let There Be Carnage trailer

My wife hates horror and anything gorey or overly violent. But, Alien. Oh, she’ll watch Alien! Xeno morphs ripping through chests and throats? Weird hybrids and other creepy shit? Yeah, if it’s in an Alien movie, she’s all over it for some reason. The exception that proves her rule.

3 Likes

She’s cool with horror if it has a sci-fi bent then? Or literally just, “Alien,” and nothing else?

1 Like

The girl loves the Alien franchise. I don’t think she’s been cool with any other horror or gore otherwise.

1 Like

I enjoyed Venom. Would have enjoyed it more if R rated. Was hoping this would take that rating. If it does, and I missed it, my bad.

It’s PG-13 again. They want that teenager money!

Not a fan of the first movie. The depiction of Venom was better than from the Spider-man movie, but the movie was crammed with too many symbiotes - too rushed of a story. The movie should have just focused on Eddie and the struggle with the symbiote. Tom Hardy has the potential to act like Joaquin Phoenix ala Joker. The movie could have been about his flaws and how he becomes a better person, and keeps the symbiote in control. At the end redemption, where the two use their symbiosis to achieve good.
I could be wrong, but the upcoming movie feels like a buddy comedy movie, and I hope that Woody does not play Carnage like the Joker (Jack Nicholson) or Riddler (Jim Carey), with a higher body count. It seems like any subsequent Venom movie (if any) will focus on different variations of a symbiote because you know thats all a symbiote can face (the last part is sarcasm). The use of a villain with sound or noise capability (ex. Klaw, etc.) would be a good match.
I agree with the posters above - it should be more of a R rated, horror type story.

2 Likes

Tom Hardy is an amazing actor who could do a Joaquin Phoenix performance (and he has previously), but he doesn’t want to do that with this movie. Don’t forget he has a “Story by” credit for this movie which means he worked and rewrote a lot of scenes. The guy is having fun.

Yes, these 2 movies might have been suited better for an R, but it’s not gonna happen. Tom Hardy is simply having fun with it.

1 Like

Hardy is the major reason the first movie is at all enjoyable.

Hardy and Harrelson are a duo I’m eager to see, regardless of symbiotes.

I agree with 'TheOne…" and ‘david …’ but the Venom story has so much potential - with Eddie (digruntled, disgraced, angry reporter), and the symbiote (escaping from Klyntar, alone, confused, etc.). Both the characters (symbiote + Eddie) have so much background to develop. Tom could have had fun, established a gritty movie and got some credit for his acting chops. I mean, not a lot of people, know much about Toms movies, but this role could have established him like Robert Downey Jr. for a bunch of sequels. Both actors have the chops but the Marvel movies catapulted Downey in to another bracket.
The trailer makes the symbiote and Eddie relationship look silly (IMO). They also need to get rid of the romance angle, when you are dealing with a cold blooded killer like Cletus/Carnage. The movie also needs to explain (or start to) where the symbiote comes from and how the Life Foundation knew there was an alien entity out in space. The angle about the symbiote race wanting to invade earth makes no sense, when you figure out they are sensitive to sound and fire. Now, if they sneak in and take over hosts secretly, thats a little more insidious (kind of like the Skrulls). Maybe this could be the secret, secret invasion (Skrulls vs. Klyntar vs. humans). I’m getting carried away - oh the possibilities :thinking:

Deja freaking vu

1 Like

“Let There Be Delays”. A bummer, but not unexpected at this point.

1 Like

And sadly Sony doesn’t have anyway to release its new movies via streaming and will probably crush their film division.

If only Sony had a relationship with some sort of global entertainment brand with a successful streaming service. Preferably a brand which they also held some leverage over, in the form of, for example, some sort valuable licensed properties of such brand. If only…

7 Likes

LoL

Straight to VOD via many platforms such as Amazon or Vudu or release on disc and bypass the theaters. I can honestly say I am not stepping foot in a theatre for a while.

1 Like

This movie might not make it if the covid numbers rise. Has me iffy about Spider-man

I’m back in theaters. Saw Black Widow on preview night and it was emptier than an abandoned house.
Folks are just not going so I’m good with going.

1 Like

Yes but if Sony is going to give it’s billion dollar movies Spidey 3, Spiderverse 2, Venom 2, Spider Gwen, Miles to Disney and it’s connecting tv shows Silk and whatever else, it would be in their best interest to sell Sony Pictures to Disney. Why pay Disney to release their content and Sony has always wanted to keep that content as separate and non dependent from the MCU since day one.

October 1 release date now.
Moved up thanks to Shang-Chi success.

This movie has been pushed and pulled more than a piece of putty!

1 Like