Walmart DC/Marvel Packs

Huge price drops already. I didn’t get a chance to list last night. Debating on holding and seeing where it levels at, or opening and selling single vs sealed.

Yeah I hear people like selling it sealed so people can’t b*tch on black cover issues and what not. It’s. A. Shrink. Wrapped. Comic. Bundle. How mint to you expect a comic to be at Wal-Mart?!?!

Check the spines to make sure there aren’t any Miles Morales 2nd prints in there if you plan on selling shrink wrapped.

@Bluemetal have any pics for comparison? Appreciated if so, also no worries if not

I’ve just used ebay photos for mine. From videos, looks like there have been #5 and #7. I still can’t identify my two packs, but they look they same, so probably going to open one this weekend.

I opened my Captain Marvel ones and sold the books outright. It was nice because there were some Venom 2nd print issues in those. I figured I kept the Artgerm Walmart Variants long enough that it was worth breaking them out. Ironically they sold better loose than they did in the pack.

Content of the second Venom 25 pack that I picked up.

Figure this could help with identifying books in sealed packages.

Gotta admit this is fun. I’m tempted to pick up the FF Empyre pack now too just to see what else it comes with, lol.

2 Likes

I like that powers of x

That Powers of X is cool.

With the recent Marvel packs, if the book’s spine is a solid yellow except for the barcode at the bottom then you’re likely looking at a 3rd Print of Marvel Comics Presents #6 - 1st app of Wolverine’s daughter that I never knew he had. Saw this on a Youtube vid and then cracked open another pack that I had to confirm.

That’s it for me and Walmart packs folks. This was a fun experience, but I’m too OCD when it comes to the condition of my books to walk away completely satisfied with any of these shrink wrapped purchases. $9.61 after tax for a single pack is a deal though, and if I can flip two of the three copies that I settled for to get my money back then I’ll be a happy camper.

Ultimately came across 8 Venom 25s while gallivanting across town and beyond today. 6 had noticeable damage that I knew I wouldn’t be entirely satisfied with (still picked up the best of this lot). The remaining two I thought I had scored until I purchased + removed the shrink wrap. So close but significant enough damage that’s impossible not to notice on an all-black cover like this.

Hats off to whoever manages to find a copy of this book with no color breaks on the front cover.

Spine ticks are easy to see through the shrink wrap - it’s the roughed up corners that are a bigger challenge because that’s the area where the shrink wrap is slightly bunched up so you’ll have to play around with it some to see through and hope you don’t damage the book in the process, lol.

crease
This copy was on point aside for this corner - no spine ticks and no other color breaking defects - the reflecting light kind of drowns it out but that entire crease breaks color… So close! :sob:

1 Like

Went… Braved WalRapids… No Venom, sadly. I got a DC pack with the Wonder Woman cover and it had a Hell Arisen #3 3rd print. I also grabbed a really cool Zombie Mysterio Walmart exclusive Pop for my kids (who came along on the promise of candy).

My son isn’t into candy. He loves potato chips and doughnuts, however!

1 Like

I went to 2 Walmarts today. They had the new marvel bundles but someone already raided both stores for the Venoms. No Football cards left at both stores either.

Dear Diary…

JACKPOT!!

1 Like

A family guy reference? I thought we only allowed vintage Simpson’s references around here. Not even recent Simpsons (I haven’t watched in years, myself).

It hasn’t been good in years unfortunately.

Do Neighborhood Markets carry the comics? That’s all I got around me.

I just went into a Walmart by me. They do not carry comics. So … must be specific to some stores.

Struck out on Venom, but found a crisp outlawed 1 and a Legion of Superheroes 6 pack.

Got an Empyre #1 (variant) pack today and scored a Ghost-Spider #1 2nd print! Seems to float around $38-$48 on eBay. Not bad. The other book was a Captain America 695 lenticular.

Hit my local Walmart today…looks like it was already raided…no Venom variant packs. Passed on Empyre & Amazing Spidey packs. Grabbed DC’s WW 84 Museum Mayhem pack…will keep it if it turns out to be an exclusive cover…otherwise it’s going back.