Walmart Packs - 2Q21

That’s like asking them for an id…they can fake ignorance. Need something more “idiot proof.”

Man I really got confused with the spider-man king in black one - these pics clear everything up thanks!

1 Like

Welcome! They had a couple of the older FF and something else that was destroyed but that’s what was at my closest Wally.

Lived in Michiana for a while, and then Chicago for several years.

All too familiar with Northern Indiana - from Munster to EC to South Bend to Middlebury. :rofl:

No, a real 16 year old would respond immediately with “Who?”… it’s all how they react with expressions. :wink:

Nice! Won’t be here much longer, back to the Mitten soon.

1 Like

Damn I want all those spider books!! Good score

This is a new cover for Alien, right? I don’t remember seeing this art before… :thinking:

If I run across these, I’d be willing to grab them for you if you want to pay for the actual book price, shipping/suppies. Just let me know which ones you’d want. I typically have several Walmarts in the area that carry these.

1 Like

I like that Alien and Black Knight cover!

Coming from commercial real estate, this is an assumption that may or may not be correct depending on the set up. If the store has a premises lease, they usually have tenancy rights only within the interior walls of the building with ownership of their signage and rooftop facilities like HVAC. They then have a revocable non-exclusive license over the parking area, but no ownership.

If it’s a ground lease, they may have tenancy over the parking lot and share those rights with the other tenants of the shopping development who have a license to cross-park/access.

A Target or Wal Mart usually owns their own ground, so in that situation you would be right. They have ownership of the parking lot and common non-exclusive license over the other parking lots and pay their share to maintain all those common areas. My client has a portfolio of Targets and Wal Marts where they have all three.

It’s just a really irresponsible assumption that I’m ripping arms off on Target’s land, @agentpoyo !

2 Likes

You have way too much time to dissect what I thought was just a horrible sarcastic joke. But okay, I know most retailers don’t own the parking lot but parking lots are still privately owned by whoever likely owns the building leasing out to the mega store… etc.

1 Like

yeah, i was just being an ass.

2 Likes

So was I… :wink:

1 Like

Hadn’t been touched at my Walmart.
Funny thing is…Black Knight was the only “1per” so I grabbed it as well. I love BK anyway, but I thought that was interesting.

Of note, there were Pokemon cards there? I know nothing about them, don’t care, but found it surprising. Perhaps they just had visited, dropped them off along with comics.

1 Like

Nothing at my Walmart again today.

My wife went today to Walmart and Target. Target didn’t have the clone wars figures and Walmart had a glass case where they carried the comics and cards and my wife said they replaced that with Liquor lol. So yeah…

1 Like

Liquor? Now I got a reason to go to Target again… :wink:

1 Like

Found some of these. Opened the SWHR and Alien packs. Got these as the filler books:

Empyre 1 is the launch party variant. Not worth anything, but something a bit less common I guess. Don’t mind the Maestro and Powers of X books.

My Walmart put the hot cards behind the counter at customer service. The comics and other cards are in the same spot, scored some Spiderman 62 and star wars high republic 3.

2 Likes