Walmart Packs - 2Q21

One of my favorite parts is trying to guess whats hidden in the packs…first up is ASM62.

Back book is definitely a lenticular…I can see a spider web design in the upper spine.

Middle book has a darker grey spine, and what looks like someone’s white hair midway down the spine…

Thanks to some posts above, I’m guessing the Spider-Man vs. Deadpool lenticular and the Powers of X #4 2nd print…

So let’s see how I did…

Not to shabby…

1 Like

Round 2.

image image

For the book in the middle, Top corner had a white “bar” and what looked to be a black bar above the UPC (usually meaning a reprint). Back book had mostly green along the edge and transitioned to white at the top.

So It had me stumped, but knew neither was a lenticular and the middle book was likely a reprint. But both books were ones no one had posted yet here or elsewhere that I could find.

The other two HR3s I have are identical books inside, so likely nothing good. So I took my chances on this one.

Was right about no lenticular, was wrong about the 2nd print. Was right that I had not seen these yet.

1 Like

Star Wars 7: first appearance (in hologram) of Bernium Ro (as in Marchion Ro from High Republic).

This man Ro is utilizing rhetoric and imagery associated with an obsolete criminal organization known as the Nihil .
-Tarkin

Got 3 packs on the way home. Two were filled with Empyre books.

1 Like

3rd pack was Hulk/Ultraman

2 Likes

Man I’d have been happy with that Alex Ross Hulk sketch cover. Good stuff.

Had to run an errand to a Walmart this morning. Chose one I hadn’t visited yet. They didn’t have these with the tobacco or cards.

ASM62 is @SpideyHunter516’s if he wants it, but will distribute the HRA3’a to forum members here not able to find them.

Done looking for now unless someone is looking for other books. These are not out of my way going to work so not a big deal to go back.

1 Like

We need to change your second title to Wal-Mart Warrior… you seem to spend more time at Wal-Mart than I do here on the CHU forums and I spend a lot of time here on the CHU forums. :wink:

3 Likes

Just need 4x Star Wars HR but will settle for 1. :slight_smile: I remember last year in March and April hitting up 14 Wal-Mart’s in Phoenix for Strange Academys and a 1UP Ninja Turtle Arcade, with no luck, but 1 SA

I have no reason or desire to go to wal mart but now I have to try and see if they have any SW…

2 Likes

and I just need the Star Wars books, don’t so much need the others BOOKS. :slight_smile:

I was going to say, I’m willing to give you all my phone number to text me if you are all looking for a book (ratio variants excluded) at your LCS that you can’t find on NCBD…

I had picked up 2 Unikorns cause of the price ($1.99) and didn’t know a member on this forum was seeking one out, I didn’t know it was going for $20 at the time, but to me I’m like I got it we can swap it.

I have one SW #3. I send you a message in a sec.

1 Like

Don’t do it… It’s a path to the dark side…

1 Like

Found a single high republic pack today. They had the others from this wave of books, but all I wanted was the star wars. My other two books in the pack were empyre 5 and age of x man 1 sketch cover (had a nice gouge that went through to page 5 or so).

I got 3 High Republic packs today and then bought 1 of each of whatever was a different cover. Found a 1:15 Howard the Duck #1 inside one of them lol

5 Likes

I’d be super happy with that. Nice!

3 Likes

Why do you let him lick you like that? Gross

5 Likes

Got my three packs from @petepinron . Many thanks! Nothing too exciting behind the front comic, but I appreciate the SW50 facsimile.

image image

2 Likes

So I have at least 3 extra copies of HRA3 packs and no one’s reached out to me, or answered my PMs.

I’m not upset or any thing…but every day it gets harder not to open them up to see what’s inside!!

I’m a little concern about @SpideyHunter516 …not a peep from that peep all week from what I can tell.

1 Like

You’re right, last post was a week ago I Like What You Got! (Online Scores) - #481 by SpideyHunter516