Walmart Packs - 2Q21

I got 3 High Republic packs today and then bought 1 of each of whatever was a different cover. Found a 1:15 Howard the Duck #1 inside one of them lol

5 Likes

I’d be super happy with that. Nice!

3 Likes

Why do you let him lick you like that? Gross

5 Likes

Got my three packs from @petepinron . Many thanks! Nothing too exciting behind the front comic, but I appreciate the SW50 facsimile.

image image

2 Likes

So I have at least 3 extra copies of HRA3 packs and no one’s reached out to me, or answered my PMs.

I’m not upset or any thing…but every day it gets harder not to open them up to see what’s inside!!

I’m a little concern about @SpideyHunter516 …not a peep from that peep all week from what I can tell.

1 Like

You’re right, last post was a week ago I Like What You Got! (Online Scores) - #481 by SpideyHunter516

Open them up. If anything I may just be interested in the 3 SW-HR single issues :slight_smile: if you are willing to just part with those

I got up and I did a little driving today. Should check my walmart 5 minutes away. but I don’t there is any left.

Thank you @Toy_Maker

1 Like

I’ve got a few of these unopened yet, and I’m contemplating returning them. One Alien, one silk, and 2 SWHR (I opened and kept one SWHR and one Alien).

But, one of the SWHR books has me curious. The two inner books are clearly the same book. The optimist in me is thinking, "Oh, Marvel dropped a killer double dip here with a great book. That most likely isn’t the case.

@D-Rog, I need your detective skills here. Any idea what these are?

I was moving some of my HH today. Stopped by two Wally’s on way back home. Both had plenty of the new packs, which surprised me. Even the SW HR ones. Like previously mentioned, if anyone is looking for any of them please let me know. I’m making another trip tomorrow. Moving stuff not for Wally but willing to stop for CHU fam

@Joe I’m stumped. Haven’t seen these spines before. Not blank covers…not reprints from what I can tell. I don’t think any of my extra copies have these inside either.

Went to my local walmart… there was only one comic visible in the “Souvenir” stand and that was WALMART Captain Marvel with ORANGE LETTERING… (1st STAR? YEP. I’ll take that…)

looked around and then behind a boatload of bags chips, I hit the jackpot… the comics were obviously put in the back behind a bunch of bags of chips. I should have taken a picture…
Here is what was there…

and FINALLY… JACKPOT

AND THIS!!

Oh yeah I picked up 2 packs with SILK #1 on the cover as well… Sorry I didn’t take pics…

1 Like

In honor of earning my “GIVES BACK” badge today on the web site,
I am opening them all up, mainly for the Star Wars but if you all see something you want, let me know and we can talk…

I cracked it open just enough to see. Probably can’t return it now. :slight_smile:

Turns out it’s NOT the same book, but it’s two similar covers, both part of the X of Swords 2nd print.

For all the ones that I opened up, what is inside.

• 1:25 OBI-Wan Vs. Anakin #1
  • x2 Doctor Aphra #5
  • x2 Avengers 37 (Where Monsters Dwell Variant
  • x2 Spiderman vs. Deadpool 23 Lenticular
  • Daredevil 595 (Xmen 135 Jean Grey) Lenticular
  • 2x Avengers Fantastic 4 Empyre 2nd Print
  • Champions Outlawed #2
2 Likes

Looks like they were waiting there for you. I\m glad that you found them.

1 Like

Found a couple of these in good shape. I feel like these are the winners of this last batch. I guess having a Batman 92A inside doesn’t hurt. Not a major book of course (Punchline’s first cover), but better than some of the junk Marvel had inside this batch.

2 Likes

Nice find. I will take a look again next time I go to Walmart again. I don’t usually get any of the DC comic packs but say one a few weeks ago and got it because I say nothing with the Marvel comics. I think I had a Batman 92 too. Thanks for the picture, I wonder if there are any WW inside any of the packs?

Bleeding Cool usually does an article about the DC comic packs when they come out. Here’s the latest one from April. DC packs are not random.

I cracked these two open, as the packs seem to have the same value as the single FSWW book. Here’s the strange thing. The packs had random DC books in them. Didn’t match what the bleeding cool article stated. BUT one pack did have a Batman 92. Other books were Strange Adventures 2, Nightwing 70 2nd print, Lois Lane 10b, Justice League 44a, Harley Quinn 72a.