WandaVision

I am very impressed with Disney+. Small sample size, but the programming is exceptional. I think it is a huge catalyst for spec going forward. Totally changing up my buying patterns on bronze and copper age minor keys. Especially the older X-men and Fantastic Four. I never had any interest in those titles until recently.

Two questions that I’m thinking about are;

Who is the postman? He seems to not be affected in the same way as all the other residents/actors in Westview. What does he know, and who is he?

Why doesn’t Wanda’s ‘magic’ seem to work on certain things, especially in relation to Bill and Tom?
Wanda tried to get rid of the storks in ep.4, to no avail. She tried using her powers to make the babies stop crying in ep.5, to no avail. And she can’t seem to stop the boys from age jumping.
Why can Wanda only manipulate certain things in Westview? There has to be a greater force at work here, imo.

1 Like

Maybe she is at the limit of her power, at least when she’s emotionally strained. My theory is that, if she focuses, she can maintain complete control, but as the cracks are revealed, she gets frustrated, she remembers Pietro, she gets distracted, and more cracks form, creating a chain reaction where the illusion falls.

I think that is very true, Wookie, but they ultimately are not the reasons for her powers being ineffective towards anything to do with the twins, imo. I believe there to be something/someone else behind those events.

I found this lil Easter egg in a Vulture article. I thought it was neat, and is another example of how deep the rabbit hole goes with the script of WandaVision.

"…please note that Scarlet Witch appears with Quicksilver in a season-four episode of X-Men, the 1990s animated series, that is titled “Family Ties…”

Scarlet Witch appears with Quicksilver in a season-one episode of WandaVision, on a set meant to resemble the set of ‘Family Ties’. :thinking:

4 Likes

Keep in mind that Wanda even said she didn’t know how this whole thing started. So, does that mean she did this, or it’s being done to her, and she’s now trying her best to control it all?

2 Likes

I just hope the next episode is done like Married with Children and Wanda has the big hair!

4 Likes

Makes sense that it’s being done to her, and she’s now trying her best to control it. They already mentioned that this is more power than she had exhibited before. Dr Strange pops up in the last episode, looking into the anomaly, and the stage is set for the Dr Strange movie.

1 Like

I’m going to get a lot of flack for this, but I was never really a big fan of Married with Children.

1 Like

Knew something was wrong with you :rofl:

Director Hayward…Director H×Y×ARD… Director HYDRA…:man_shrugging:

Screenshot_20210206-215634

1 Like

:pleading_face: for real? Married with was/is classic!! As a married man an adult I love it even more.

3 Likes

You really appreciate Al Bundy once your married and have kids lol.

3 Likes

Speaking of, this episode was great in that I’m a parent of twins and watch (in a watch party) with another parent of twins. Oh boy did those screaming stereo bassinets bring back memories XD

I knew I’d get a lot of flack. I grew up in England and when I arrived in America, it was part of the syndication suite I took in as part of my self-imposed cultural education. It just did not connect with me. None of my family were like that, nobody my family knew were like that in England, my extended family wasn’t like that. I didn’t understand and I didn’t get it. Maybe now that I’m married with child, I’d appreciate it more. Who knows.

1 Like

Aaaahhh ok I can see the disconnect a bit. Well I’ve been rewatching it recently and I definitely appreciate it more being older and married with kids myself.

Speaking of older shows (full house). Did you know Wanda - Elizabeth Olson - is the sister of the Olson Twins? Re: Married w/Children. Great show IMO.

LoL yeah I thought everyone knew that from the Ultron movie that shes a sister to them?

1 Like

Hhahahaha, my coworker literally said this exact thing to me on Friday and I thought he was messing with me because I thought everybody knew that. But, what’s even more embarrassing is that I asked my wife “what’s the other Olsen twin up to?!” I haven’t thought about Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen in decades so I forgot Elizabeth was not part of that duo haha.