We all hate store variants but

With the glut of recent store exclusives not selling out, stores will be cutting back…

5 Likes

Too many people started stores specifically to sell exclusives and people just aren’t buying them anymore unless it’s an obvious winner.

That and a lot of the stores that DID do nothing but exclusives have started releasing them primarily on Whatnot and as “convention exclusives” so they sell out quicker.

3 Likes

I muted and labelled a lot of the stores as spam because I kept getting emails about their exclusives. Unknown/Street Level Hero, comics elite, comic mint, etc

3 Likes

I was getting so many on a daily basis…Unknown, FRANKIES, 616, ELITE, MINT, BEAVER, KRS, East Side. Finally did the same as @LoveBox, and then Unsubscribed with some of the other stores…JSC, T Kirkham, Mayhew like to spam their emails as well…

5 Likes

About a month back I went through as well and unsubscribed to over 30+ online comic retailers…it was so liberating…The Great Purge of 22’

3 Likes

I get emails from all typical exclusive shops but I get emails about FOC and other “hot” books…so I just delete them.

The only exclusives I bought in the last few years was at NYCC. But given how my sales are practically 10% of what they were at the start of the year and all last year, I’d have to imagine other’s wallets are tightening up and everyone deep down knows exclusives have never been good investments for the amount paid.

And remember when they were $12 - $15? Now they destroy copies and charge 2-3 times the amount.

I’d actually consider a few just because I like the cover (not as an investment) if they weren’t priced so high.

2 Likes

Now a VIRGIN with a 200-500-800 PR is the price or more than what a set was for 2 books?. The destroy copies to lower PR’s shows stores are hurting. Every exc now is 800 PR or lower to entice sales. So the 3000/1500 stores are ordering, some are destroyed or put back for later lol…Warehouse find

1 Like

This was my thing. I was totally willing to drop some $$ at nycc to get a few for my pc, being as it was in person and I can see it in hand and don’t have to worry about shipping.

But somehow the price of these things all went up to $25-$50. It was ridic. I really didn’t end up buying much

Mayhew is one of those polarizing artists for many reasons, but focusing on the art here. This is a pretty great cover IMO. Although, I’m not entirely sure what she’s riding.

3 Likes

Maybe his next variant-of-a-variant will have a broom at the end of the handle.

4 Likes

When the open-order variants have her on the cover, dont buy store variants.

4 Likes

Or just don’t buy store variants.

3 Likes

All my responses are not appropriate for this forum.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Politically incorrect for a woman to be holding a broom these days. :crazy_face:

Eh, a woman who wants to stay home with the kids and clean is perfectly fine if they want it. Just like it is fine if a man wants to do it. I’m a stay-at-home dad and I’ve become quite skilled at the broom, vacuum, and can swiffer like a pro. My wife still is better at laundry than me but I tackle the dishes. That’s easier to get measure the soap than laundry. Laundry is the bane of my existence.

2 Likes

:100::100::100:

1 Like

Living the dream brother, i aspire to be a stay at home dad.

Well, she’s wearing golden boots, golden gloves, golden scarf and a golden headdress. She’s way up there so maybe she’s getting ready to give someone below a golden…gift.

I’m a stay at home dad cause I work 100% from home… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am a stay at home day 5 days a week. Go into the office two days a week and play stay at home dad at night. Damn two days.

1 Like