We all hate store variants but

Yea, that is the real “crime” here.

1 Like

Yeah remember all that stuff of a paper shortage, now every store is doing this “destroy x copies” bs. comics elite on their live shows straight up destroy copies of their exclusives and its just ridiculous

So it’s not a 1 of 1. They started out with a lie. That’s twice as many as they claimed existed. I wish the moronic idiots buying these things would fall off a cliff and then there’s no market for the stupid shit.

5 Likes

That was a different book. Mine was a W0rldtr33 1:100. The 1 of 1 was Edge of Spiderverse.

1 Like

This gives me the vibe of some of those sports cards that are 1 of 3 or even 1 of 1. It’s just a form of gambling in the hobby with manufactured scarcity. I’m not being critical of gambling, I enjoy slot machines on occasion. I’m just saying.

4 Likes

It’s them limiting the supply to create false demand.

And it is a huge colossal waste to destroy books so we all know they’re not destroying them entirely.

Best case scenario in these instances is they mark up the covers with sharpies, just some lines through them, and then donate the majority of them to children’s hospitals and then also write those off as losses on their taxes.

But we all know, not one comic company producing these are/will do that. Shame, cause that would be a win for everyone involved, but also require selfless people - which we know aren’t them by their business practices.

1 Like

“Black Line Sharpie Variant” :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey look, kids! More boobs!

3 Likes

I finally like a Tao cover!

1 Like

I like saucy comics but at least put some effort into them.

The lights covering the breats reminded me of Dumb and Dumber lol.

2 Likes

The one on the left! Talk about headlights!

Something is Killing the Children #1 Pen & Ink Trinity Comics Exclusive by Zoe Lacchei

Devil’s Cut - Comic Corner Exclusive

Limited to 88 Copies - $88

2 Likes

That is a cool cover but there’s no way in hell I’m paying $88 for it!

5 Likes

Nope, wouldn’t even pay $8 for it…

1 Like

Don’t they mean exclusive ratio variant with a coa that says 300/88

Sold out in 4-5 minutes…Surprised it took that long and it was 1 per person

1 Like

There is an individual I am friends with in the hobby (comics, statues, toys, etc…) that reminds me that there are always at least 150 people in the world that will buy one of most anything if they see it.

The trick is getting them to see the products availability.
There may be alot of caveats and " yea buts" and “onlys” to that statement; but he’s not wrong.

I’m tempted one day to build 99 2 ft. long mini-bridges that cross the Sahara; solicit them in Previews and see how that goes. I bet if done properly and not priced crazy, I’ll get 99 sales.

1 Like