We all hate store variants but

My moobs are bigger than hers.

1 Like

I really like this cover.

I’m aware… you show me all the time! :frowning_face:

Show, don’t tell! Let us see what you’re working with!

Don’t do it… I’m seeing a therapist 3 times a week from seeing… “too much”… :wink:

1 Like

This thread certainly took a turn for the worse…

Death of Venomverse #2 Tyler Kirkham variant

Spectral Comics exclusive

1 Like

2 Likes

Trying to capitalize on Spider-boy. I see what they did there.

3 Likes

Still better than any store variant… :wink:

So whos doing a asm 375 homage next

I think its been done on one of the Thor books. Venom vs Thor

Guess I might as well put it here, LD books are basically store exclusives. This AI nonsense is getting out of hand when the line is blurred this much. New Paolo cover got posted and the artist was called out for using AI, also quite a bit different from his usual style. Artist going this digital route needs to end, hand draw.your stuff it looks way better and ages better, people going to start wanting line receipts :stuck_out_tongue:

Brian Pulido asking publicly:

Artist reponse:

Art in question:

3 Likes

I don’t see a difference between use of AI and using a copy and paste emblem/logo for a cover, yet no one is upset about the latter.

wait until that guy discovers hyuk ; lees come get me covers

1 Like

Art and the “Arts” are not something that benefits from technology & innovation.

2 Likes

Update on the above, Coffin Comics have pulled that cover and will not go ahead with publishing it. Crazy read so many shitty practices coming to light by artists and this digital crap.

2 Likes

AI art is alot cheaper & faster.

Of course artists will use it to skate by…

1 Like

Yup. And an artist like myself that does everything by hand, gets pushed aside cuz it doesnt look cool anough for “those people.” I do like digital art but some of them, yeah very questionable…

2 Likes

One of the stores that do variants has been doing a good job pointing out sketchy artist business practices. Shawn Hudachko from Comics Elite and Merc Publishing.

2 Likes