We all hate store variants but

Same with Hughes, Dodson, and Campbell. But this one just seems like it is smooshed down

4 Likes

fixed it

2 Likes

Not to pile on the rabbit, but I specifically visited her booth at NYCC about 5 years ago because I thought she was excellent artist
She brought drawings she did by hand, and they just did not match up with her digital work. It was at that point I just stopped buying her covers. I have issues with those that canā€™t actually draw by hand. Just my personal pet peeve. Mattina is another one. His hand drawn work is an atrocity. Saw it firsthand at NYCC as well with a Thanos piece he did for $1k (at that time).

I feel this. I saw some remarques by Bjorn Barends that were really not what I expected at all.

1 Like

Natali Sanders hand drawn and colored. Looks okay to me

4 Likes

Not gonna support them by linking but I like this cover

3 Likes

Is that the starship enterprise in that yellow circle?

1 Like

Skottie Young webstore exclusive

3 Likes

Damn, that is fun.

Anyone see the video by Bronze Age Nerd (I think thatā€™s his name) on Frankieā€™s?

1 Like

Sure did. Iā€™m disappointed that people prob wonā€™t get their books especially the graded ones.

1 Like

I did not but that sounds interesting. Got a link?

4 Likes

Hey hey hey hey.
Read comics every day!

So, Frankieā€™s sells a graded book. Then never fulfills that order. Then they sell that graded book on whatnot. Lastly, they tell the original buyer that they donā€™t have it and ship them a raw version instead, even though they paid for graded.

Quite the scam they have going.

4 Likes

I donā€™t like that they are going to send raw books for graded prices. Itā€™s not right. I would dispute with my card company as product not as described and let them deal with it.

1 Like

ā€œFā€ Frankies.

1 Like

Not even the same raw versionā€¦a choice of three different comics if the claim they donā€™t have it.

How can they not have what people pairs for. Itā€™s not like they were robbed or had a warehouse fire. The only answer is they sold comics others had already paid for.

1 Like

This all sounds like the setup for a class-action lawsuit.

1 Like

Apparently according to the comic book podcast Beyond Wednesdays where there were some lawyers in audience because Frankies has chapter 11 protection, its not so easy to get a class action lawsuit going as they may be protected by bankruptcy protection law.