We all hate store variants but

Interesting and quite messy.

Store variant list for Transformers #1

I like the Arcee cover from Stadium Comics, but I’m not paying $40 Or whatever.

TFAW still the winner in my book. Probably will be able to get them at a good discount if you wait it out.

Shocked no one went for an homage of Transformers #1, or any other iconic covers from the Marvel series (e.g. issues 5 & 8, to name a few.)

1 Like

just you wait. the trend now seems to be “announcing” a store variant the week before the book comes out…or on the day of

1 Like

That just seems like a trend asking for no one to buy your book.

Most people ordering online likely already committed to buying some other store exclusive.

1 Like

I am so glad I do not get in on this behavior.

2 Likes

Yeah and those are the 600 print run stores. They wait till last min.

It is all about generating FOMO

1 Like

NATALI SANDERS RETURNS with HARLEY QUINN #33 EXCLUSIVE. More Bubble Gum!

Everyone is blowing pink bubbles these days.

1 Like

Hmm i bought one set, and sold the virign copy for $350. That covered the $80 buy in for the virgin and trade, and the grading cost for the trade copy which is in my PC (got a 9.8 too) along witb providing a very very healthy profit margin conpared to any recent comic or store variant.

I still think this is the best cover for High Republic #1 despite whatever shenanigans might have happened or ongoing.

1 Like

They blow bubble gums because people buy.

1 Like

I love being ahead of trends. Working and watching YouTube. This came up on “The Almost Ten 9/15/23”

I paid $5 each for them

3 Likes

Wonder why people are buying it…?

Because Flops is gaining attention for his art. Also now people are pushing the books online. I just happened to have the books in my variant pile for sale.

2 Likes

Flops is a guy’s name?

2 Likes

He also goes by Flip, but he goes back and forth on which he uses…

9 Likes

:joy: :joy: :rofl: :rofl: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I think if I ever become someone looking for creating a marketing name to improve my brand and be as silly with one name I’m going to go by the name of “Bomb”.

It’s memorable. It’s distinctive, and will be great at airports.

And I’ll toss in an umlat over the “O” in bomb just to keep em guessing. I always wanted an Umlat in my name.

3 Likes

Flops is a great artist and love his stuff but also feels like another case of influencers and speccers hyping up an artist and pushing them as the next big thing only for them to be overexposed. see also, peach momoko, sozomaika, rose besch

3 Likes