We all hate store variants but

750 print run, nycc foil is 500

1 Like

Foil or go home!

Metal or go petal! :roll_eyes:

Don’t settle, go metal!

1 Like

has anyone seen any store exclusives announced for hulk 6?

Are you hoping for there being store exclusives, or are you hoping there won’t be any?

praying there are none lol

2 Likes

I feel like many stores may have over extended themselves with NYCC exclusives
if you look back at this thread there hasn’t been a lot of exclusives announced lately for Marvel and DC. Or it’s #1 issues or foil-ized variants of sexy covers that have variants.

So Hulk with a new GR may not be “sexy” enough to sell to shops an exclusive cover/art.

1 Like

Oh, and amazing Spider-Man. Why every issue needs an exclusive is beyond me

So what is up with the whole Mexican foil fad? Why are these covers piling up when there isn’t even a regular facsimile out in English?

Ultra popular Mexican Foil format?

asm sells, stores are narrowing it down,

Alot of popular Youtubers push La Mole Mexican reprint stuff. I’ve watched them do so.
And if they push it, people seem to care. I certainly don’t.

2 Likes

La Mole foils are great have been for years some fantastic covers get done for it.

they’re reprints

they foiled up books that sell

1 Like

I have some of the early La Mole convention variants. Great J Scott Campbell covers in English language books.

I have the following La Mole variants:

Wolverine #13 La Mole. Wolverine wearing Deadpool’s outfit.
ASM #12 JSC (x2). Black Cat cover
Ultimate Fallout #4 FOIL
Star Wars #1. This is a bad a$$ Boba Fett cover.

I like them for my collection. Publishers are definitely on foil rampage and ultimately spoils the unique-ness. If everything is special or rare, then nothing is special or rare.

3 Likes

want this the other book in acetate-gate

2 Likes

Speaking of, I saw a green label 9.9 for sale at NYCC and was asking something north of 1000$ for it. so absurd. I even ran into Clayton Crain with his bae (spidergwen cosplayed?). That whole situation puts such a bad taste inn my mouth, I can’t really go near new crain books anymore.

2 Likes

There are certain dealers who reek of the stench of slime.
Then there are some artists who have that smell as well.
Crain is one of them.

And yet there he is at shows when I pass by with an ungodly long line; AND those 20 stupid colored pens in his hand trying to push his “one hand, colored pen” brand as if he’s the new Picasso. I think not.
People don’t care though. They’ll buy a turd and claim “I’m just buying what I like” :roll_eyes:

1 Like