We all hate store variants but

Image has a minimum print run of like 500 so I am sure there are ones available for damages But 500 seems about right

Looks similar to the 1:25ā€¦

Ironically they only get 2 copies of the 1:250ā€¦I canā€™t imagine the 1:250 will sell for near ratioā€¦

1 Like

i like the red yellow backgrounds variants, looks like the old cards backs from the figures

1 Like

Been tired of these 8-bit knockoffs for awhileā€¦

2 Likes

I like the donkey Kong theme. Needless to say I wonā€™t be buying it.

4 Likes

Actually is kind of cute!

move over foil now were are getting glow in dark exclusives

1 Like

are there any ultimate spider-man exclusives announced yet?

yes

fruuuuck
hoping they were not doing allowing any for ultimate line

1 Like

2 Likes

How does he still have money for payroll?

Peach books delayed from DROP IN revenue? What? Arenā€™t they all prepaid?

1 Like

How this dude is allowed to continue to run a business is utterly beyond me. This seems like criminal behavior.

5 Likes

Anyone still giving Frankieā€™s money is tossing it down a drain.

1 Like

There has to be a structured settlement which means payments to certain creditors. So he has to keep burning through the books earmarked for customers in order to pay the creditors. Thats what I am guessing. By the time everything sells there will be nothing left for the people who paid.

1 Like

Yup, so after bankruptcy protection ends, all those who didnā€™t get their merchandise or refunded their money need to band together and take him to courtā€¦ Make sure people like this no longer run a retail business that they canā€™t seem to manage.

2 Likes

I have been buying variants from Unknown Comics, but not on their website. I see them list a new variant and check eBay and they often have copies really cheap. And they do buy two get one free. Plus free shipping. They do not put up many copies. But once they sell out they drop other copies at a higher price. So by moving fast I am getting their variants at lower than the website, once they raise prices I under cut their store and eBay prices. I have moved through several ratios at a profit this way. Anyway, I feel like many of the stores are teetering the same way Frankies was.

2 Likes

Yup, acting like consumers, chasing ratio variants and doing store exclusives they think will fly off the shelvesā€¦ All these are doing are flooding the market with books nobody is chasing. Once in a full moon one of the issues takes off cause of a first appearance or whatever but in the end, most sit and arenā€™t moved quickly or never.

4 Likes

Honestly the owner of Frankies sounds like a complete d-bag through and through. Zero sympathy for him.

2 Likes