We all hate store variants but

Campbell signs five free books per person at many of his appearances. Thats where the money is to be made. NYCC a few years ago I went through his lines several times with several people and got a bunch of books signed and sold them at a nice profit. Not buying stuff off his table though.

1 Like

JSC was a guest yesterday at Torpedo Con. Iā€™m guessing someone took it there.

For anyone unaware, Torpedo Comics is owned by the same guy (pictured) who published that book. So, a supposed 380 print run? How many does that stack appear to be?

1 Like

I counted about 360 :slight_smile:

Can smell that bullshit around the world :stuck_out_tongue: the most basic ā€œquick we need a generic excuse weā€™ve been caughtā€ response.

2 Likes

Dolmayan is a better drummer than liar.

2 Likes

This happens EVERY time a store gets caughtā€¦

1 Like

Meh - Whatā€™s another 28% of the print run added amongst friends? LOL

Torpedo comics and JSC together harkens back to the old west when folks would buy different color potions from snake oil salesman to cure their ailments. And when they got caught and they didnā€™t work - ā€œohhhh, you didnā€™t take the potion properly.ā€

Same concept; related excuses when caught, different era. People are so gullible throughout history.

2 Likes

How many employees they got at Torpedo cause thatā€™s anther box full :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Come on, that one is easy, that is just a box with one comic on top and the rest is comic barricadesā€¦

They are all the same with their bogus run numbers. Iā€™ve been watching Unknown Comics for a bit now, because I was looking at a Deadpool cover on the last Wolverine run. This one:

Any rate, the exclusives that show up on my search on eBay show there is only 3 remaining. I assume that they have figured out that eBay lists it as ā€œAlmost Goneā€ when stock gets down to 3 remaining. Iā€™ve been watching, and when one is sold it temporary moves down to 2, then Iā€™m guessing someone puts the stock back up to 3. Trying to give buyers a sense that they only have a few left over and hoping the FOMO sets in. Hate this behaviour. I am firmly setting myself a rule that I donā€™t buy any store variant unless it comes with a numbered COA that displays the print run.

5 Likes

Iā€™m adding Torpedo comics to my list of ā€œnever buy from for any reasonā€ which already contains Golden Apple and Comic Mint (are they still alive?)

5 Likes

Never buy from a shop with an owner that rocks a manbun thing in 2024.

2 Likes

torpedo

Looks like a wholesome, humble, kind and trustworthy man to meā€¦

3 Likes

He should be putting out new System of a Down music instead of ripping off the public

2 Likes

Ironically, he may have never gotten this far with Torpedo if he and his bandmates had been able to agree on musical direction/touring.

1 Like

Well looks like people are starting to get their money back on their orders from Frankieā€™s

2 Likes

Iā€™m not a religious person, but stuff like this makes me hope karma is real and catches up with them. Just scam artists that continue to get away with it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m astounded anyone would buy from them on Whatnot. Their website still claims they are closed for inventory and will open in June. Itā€™s September now.

That dog is looking just so smug about it tooā€¦

That signature looks like a 4th graderā€™s, and heā€™s playing games like one.

1 Like

NGL, I just redownloaded Whatnot so I could watch their stream right now JUST TO SEE what they could possibly be selling