We all hate store variants but

I limit myself to 5 store exclusives per year.
I know I’m losing money, but if I like it enough I’ll take the hit.

2 Likes

I saw something on the CGC Forum (from a Reddit link) that Mutant Beaver Comics may be going the way of Frankie’s, meaning I shipped orders. Unfulfilled refunds and the likes.

3 Likes

i remember some what not seller was taking over their shitments a few months ago

:grin:

2 Likes

Not a typo. :laughing:

Unknown Comics are leeches…

1 Like

There are two foil NYCC variants for Venom #3 I have seen, my question is how did they know he would appear in the trailer in time to get them printed?

3 Likes

Unless there is a copy in hand, these are just photoshop renderings

1 Like

No I mean the time to produce the actual comics, not the image of the comic they are using to promote.

1 Like

NYCC isnt until October 17th, books could be printed within a few weeks

1 Like

Good point. Just seems like a quick turn around time

2 Likes

For a foil, but it’s possible Marvel was shopping this around and unknown jumped on immediate after the announcement.

I can ask them if I visit their booth. I usually don’t though.

The other thing is these aren’t exclusives if they are selling them a month ahead online.

1 Like

A lot of retailers pre-sell their “con exclusives” on their site. They probably released X amount and the rest is at the con, then the “remaining” is back in the online store.

According to one of Unknown’s partners on their WN show, they had to do the Venom 3 foil in order to get the 3rd Print foil. There’s supposedly 3,000 of the cover a foil.

Looks like there’s a regular facsimile now:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/AUG247309

$40 for the foil is a bit steep. 3k isn’t tons of copies but it is enough to make the book not close to rare. You can buy three of them and more than likely it won’t be long before they are worth less than what you paid or for that price you can get an original 3rd print that will always be on many collectors radar for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

Ah, I’m a sucker for foils :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I like to have them in case I sell the original, I can still have a cheaper (but cooler IMO) copy. Or pair it with the original for more appeal when selling (it works sometimes).

I rarely sell, but I’m hoping to do more of it in 2025.

Back from Baltimore Comicon.
Not only did Ben Edlund sign each copy; but he also sketched/remarqued the issues for free!

$25 total damage for just the purchase of the 2 issues.
It’s like 1990’s all over with just buying the books and sigs & little sketches for free.

12 Likes

I am so jealous. Didn’t get to make it out.

Daaaamn. Thats awesome !!!

1 Like

Coffin Comics announced McFarlane’s first published Lady Death cover going on sale next week.

3 Likes