We Live #1

Ha. That’s fair. Definitely not a scam though. I do have in my possession some of his exclusives. I agree that the gmail needs to go. I think he’s so busy with fulfillment that some of those things have been backburnered.

Good ol’ “I’ll ship it when I get around to it” Mike.

We Live: Era of the Palladions

“Now is the Era of the Palladions, a new age for Earth and her people, protected against wild nature by armored heroes. But what happened to Hototo’s friends, Humbo and Alice? How will the world move forward? And what has become of Tala, now that she has no brother to protect?”

2 Likes

It’s also been pushed back to next year. It was supposed to come out in December. Sorry, the We Live: volume 2 #1

1 Like

Comic Tom (I know) just announced we live had been optioned as of today on his whatnot stream right now. Time to pick up more copies.

What’s the theory on the age of palladions and all of the new characters that were introduced there?

Comic Tom is not a source for media info.

3 Likes

Waiting for the day optioned aftershock properties make it past the “optioned” phase

4 Likes

When it’s breaking news, I post it. When a more reputable source posts it I’ll post that too. But feel free to ignore if you want.

2 Likes

I believe the creators had said that the we live series was too set up the wider story in age of Palladions.

Yeah I liked the first arc…reading the second but am a little lost right now.

Got some We Live 1 4th prints up :wink:

1 Like

This isnt “breaking news”. It’s Comic Tom. He’s got books to sell…

1 Like

:+1: like I said feel free to ignore my post then.

Yeah the second arc jumps years ahead, I haven’t read it myself yet, but I absolutely loved the first arc. Especially reading it with the associated qr music codes.

Keep in mind the entire “Whatnot Superstar Crew” has their inventory of special Whatnot We Live Exclusive covers/comics that they are all trying to sell this weekend at Megacon. These books were all clearly given out to the Whatnot main team as they’ve been pushing them since Thursday night (all the big Whatnot sellers)

So whether it’s truly optioned or not (and optioned means nothing anyway at this point if we’re being truly honest), you have to find the whole thing sort of snake oil salesmen “ish” with regards to timing and “breaking news”.

I’ve always had (and continue to have) mixed feelings about Whatnot, but this whole set up at Megacon and essentially seeing Megacon as a promo for Whatnot has been interesting.

6 Likes

I loved the first arc, but felt it was a 10 issue story jammed into five.

Age of the Palladions seems kind of incomprehensible at the moment. Again, it’s just two issues in, but so far it doesn’t have any of what made the first run great. It’s way too wide in scope. I feel zip for the characters. The world building was great in the first run. Now it’s like they assume you know everything about this odd world. I’ll give it a few more issues, but it’s a bit of a mess IMO.

1 Like

The amount that some of these exclusive reprints go for you’re better off just buying the 1st print especially with it being in a lul right now

4 Likes

I think they also made a mistake of splitting the first issue into two. They could have just released them one after the other…or focused more on the first issue and it tying in with the end of the previous arc…

2 Likes

I saw stores are selling first prints with Metal Covers attached. Wonder how CGC would grade those. If they are considered altered or what. Anyone know?

should give them a brown label, since there now used toilet paper.