We only find them when they're dead

For our site I’m not sure yet. We called and emailed our rep to ask how we can place orders for them if they aren’t on the order forms.

2 Likes

Cool. Thank you for answering man. Well I’ll be on the lookout for 2nd or 3rd prints.

The 2nd print was on FOC for this past Monday. It was on Diamonds master FOC list. I should know, I ordered some.

That’s good to know. For some reason our team must have just missed it. If it was new to order and FOCed quick that might explain it, or maybe it got added after their usual cutoff time.

This week at least Diamond has been making changes to it well past the usual cutoff time, but given the holiday weekend I can’t blame them if things are hectic.

Third printing not on diamonds FOC this week even though its solicited as this week Holiday weekend ar that as well. I will have to email my rep to order this cUse i dont think its gonna be on the site

@RipCityGamer can you get the third prints on there as well. Might as well go for the low key third print that no one is going to have ordered.

We’re planning on having them up. I don’t know if Diamond updated the order forms yet or let our team know how to place orders for it, but we already have inventory set on the site and just waiting for confirmation it was submitted and for the stock to index.

I found the 3rd print by searching Diamond’s site. It’s not on the FOC list.

Yeah, i found it in the reorder section. Thats gonna throw people off if they dont go looking for it. I sent an email to both Boom and Diamond before i found it.

1 Like

3rd print is live on
https://www.tfaw.com/we-only-find-them-when-they-re-dead-1-3rd-printing.html

Big s/o to @RipCityGamer for the communication.

This showed today. So stinking pretty. Props to SSCO for a nicely packaged book. My favorite of the 21 issue 1 covers I’ve spotted so far.

2 Likes

Any love here for issue 1 2nd print? It seems like FOC happened so quickly, that I can’t imagine the print run will be very high. I don’t think TFAW ever offered this. Went straight to the third printing.

BOOM is notoriously playing the “additional printing” game with consumers to make their books seem hotter than they really are. They’re creating a false demand. They did this with plenty of their books in the past year… Remember Once & Future? Yeah, they were purposely cutting off additional prints early to make new printings… I believe they are doing the same for this series…

Print runs don’t make books valuable, demand does. There’s going to be a small print run for this one cause I’m pretty sure most shops still can’t offload all their first printings…

Managed to snag this as well, a really nice cover and pictures really don’t do it justice as it is even more awesome in hand.

When did Naomi crossover to the Boom universe?

1 Like

Demand seemed very high for this first issue. And, the three main shops I visit here all sold out of this title in the first couple hours of NCBD. But, the print run of that first issue was HUGE, and having around 25 cover options definitely created an oversaturation. Many of the store variants had small print numbers and are still available.

Yes but that’s just a small % of the whole demographics involved. I’ve had books in the past that were no where to be found when Anthony is plucking them from the shelves at every comic shop in his area of the country…

Midtown still has almost all the covers available still.

TFAW still has Cover A and B available.

1 Like

And, for example, lots of sites (us included) still have copies of the 1st print in stock because everyone went heavy liking how the book looked. So we aren’t going nearly as heavy on the subsequent printings as we would be for something like Thor 5 that sold out and keeps selling out.

1 Like

4th printing announced … https://www.boom-studios.com/archives/we-only-find-them-when-theyre-dead-1-goes-to-fourth-printing/

I’m sure they’re already printing the 5th prints too… BOOM! playing the marketing strategy game of “addtional prints” makes our new book hot hot hot… :wink:

1 Like