Worst Covers of 2022

Yeah, but I don’t want to fork money over for a fun little sketch-style piece. I paid for artwork and a story. Just saying! :slight_smile:

Captain America Sentinel of Liberty #1 (Mavroudis Variant)

I actually like it. Reminds me of a 70’s music poster.

It looks like a frilled lizard to me

I like it too and when you really look at it, this took quite the effort to make more than likely.

1 Like

At least he didn’t Photoshop this one.

3 Likes

$30? You couldn’t pay me $30 to take a copy of that. F that guy… why is he even still getting work?

7 Likes

What happened to that boardie who loved this Javan Jordan clown/copier?
I guess he gave up :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I actually kind of like that cover. What’s wrong with me?

Just look at it for a little while longer and realize that the terrible art is being disguised behind a Photoshop emulation of Grand Theft Auto.

Seriously, the guy went out of his way to not draw faces. One’s in shadow, two are in paper bags.

6 Likes

It’s a nostalgic homage. There’s always a little pull with those when we recognize something like that.

From what I’ve seen, I think Jordan has gotten really lucky so far by leaning on homages. I get that they’re fun to do, and as much as I think the hundreds of Do You Pooh variants are unbelievably dumb, there is at least talent in their execution. IMO the underlying art of this GTA cover is “the kid you knew in 7th grade who drew all over his books” level.

I am a sucker for nostalgia.

Fantastic Four #1 Frank Miller variant

Looks like he has a hole in his crotch…

They should make this a puzzle. Don’t even have to change anything, just cut where the lines are at!

1 Like

I gonna add my own acetate cover to it…and you know what is going on that cover…

3 Likes

Do it… and first get it graded by CGC, then sell to retire early!

Not the place you want to be negative space…

2 Likes

Frank’s been on a kick of crazy crotches these past few years.

Spider-Man #1 isn’t much better?
What’s up with the toes and broken fingers on Spidey?

I’d be mad too if I woke up with a hole in my crotch.